3.9/ 167

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glitterfyme
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 pm

3.9/ 167

Postby glitterfyme » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 pm

what are my chances?

lsac gpa 3.9 (degree gpa 3.97), double major in social sciences & natural sciences from top ranked large state univ
graduated magna cum laude
internship experience freshman, sophomore and junior year summers
senior thesis
currently taking a gap year & looking for an internship

first lsat 162
second lsat 167

hoping to get into columbia/nyu - should i apply early decision, or retake for a better score?
any advice would be appreciated!! :D

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby Happy Gilmore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

glitterfyme wrote:what are my chances?

lsac gpa 3.9 (degree gpa 3.97), double major in social sciences & natural sciences from top ranked large state univ
graduated magna cum laude
internship experience freshman, sophomore and junior year summers
senior thesis
currently taking a gap year & looking for an internship


first lsat 162
second lsat 167

hoping to get into columbia/nyu - should i apply early decision, or retake for a better score?
any advice would be appreciated!! :D



Definitely need to retake for Columbia, not sure on NYU. Do you think you will be able to break into the 170s with a 3rd attempt? Or have you struggled to score there on practice tests?

User avatar
heythatslife
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby heythatslife » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Run LSN with your numbers.

Slightly under 50% chance for NYU, out at Columbia.

If you really want to go to either of the two schools, you should retake. Getting your LSAT up to 170 would change your prospects dramatically.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby Lavitz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Image

I don't think ED would help much. I could only find two datapoints for ED NYU and only one got in.

You should retake if you want either of those schools.

glitterfyme
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby glitterfyme » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:19 am

i was pt-ing around 172-175 before the june test, but i think that my achilles heel was reading comp.

with these scores, which of the other t14 schools would I have a good shot at getting admitted?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby Lavitz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:12 am

glitterfyme wrote:with these scores, which of the other t14 schools would I have a good shot at getting admitted?

Your current scores? You have a very good shot at Cornell as long as their LSAT median stays at 167. Berkeley is a bit of a black box, but you're at their LSAT median and they love high GPAs. Just looking at the chart, everything else is a coin flip.

With a 172-175?

Image

Almost all of them.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby Clearly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am

You MUST retake.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby North » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:You MUST retake.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

North wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:You MUST retake.

glitterfyme
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby glitterfyme » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:23 am

thanks for all the advice guys. really appreciate it.
gonna give it my all for the next 2-3 months because it will be my last lsat (3 times in 2 years)

:D

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:57 am

glitterfyme wrote:thanks for all the advice guys. really appreciate it.
gonna give it my all for the next 2-3 months because it will be my last lsat (3 times in 2 years)

:D


Wise choice. Good luck!

kiyoku
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 2:25 am

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby kiyoku » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 am

just go for the retake~

We'reAllGonnaMakeIt
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 am

Re: 3.9/ 167

Postby We'reAllGonnaMakeIt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:51 am

Don't let that GPA go to waste.

Retake (or as the Brazilians say: Hetake).




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Tazewell and 6 guests