Required Transcripts (technical and business schools)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Required Transcripts (technical and business schools)

Postby BoyOhBoyle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi there, I have a question about what transcripts need to be sent to LSAC.

I have had a very long and very strange academic journey. I finally got my bachelors degree in 2011 (at the age of 31) but I've attended about 10 different schools over the years. I sent in my transcripts for all of my traditional coursework (4 community colleges, 2 universities) but I've also taken coursework in cosmetology at a technical school (one semester, 2003), took one semester at a local business college in their paralegal program (I think this was around 2002), went to a community college in Georgia for about one week in 2000 or 2001 (I'm honestly not sure if I would even have a transcript for this one), and took one course in animal nutrition at a community college about 3 years ago.

I am not sure if these transcripts are required to be sent in (since I've already sent in 6, I'm obviously hesitant to send more, especially since they are all non-transferable anyway). However, lately I've read some things about not being able to take the bar if every single transcript is not sent in, but I'm not sure if these transcripts fall under the "required" category, and I'd obviously rather not appear more indecisive, impulsive, and wishy-washy then I already do with the transcripts that I've already submitted. Any advice?

(also, this is my first time posting, so please be nice to me) :lol:

Happy Gilmore

Re: Required Transcripts (technical and business schools)

Postby Happy Gilmore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:14 pm

My understanding is that it says to send in transcripts from every institution that you attended between high school and your bachelors. So when in doubt, send everything in, but wait till somebody else posts before you listen to me.

You weren't kidding when you said strange academic journey.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”