Trouble Printing Transcript Request Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NoWorries

Trouble Printing Transcript Request Form

Postby NoWorries » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

It only prints the barcode and the personal information. I've gone through Mozilla and IE. Using Adobe. Any advice?

jselson

Re: Trouble Printing Transcript Request Form

Postby jselson » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Print it somewhere else from a different computer. Or just have the transcripts sent without it - they aren't necessary, they just help expedite the process. If you're already sending them, it's not gonna matter timewise.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm

jselson wrote:Print it somewhere else from a different computer. Or just have the transcripts sent without it - they aren't necessary, they just help expedite the process. If you're already sending them, it's not gonna matter timewise.

They really don't matter? I can just give my UG the address to LSAC and tell them to send them my transcripts and it will get processed??

Do you know where I can find that address?

jselson

Postby jselson » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
jselson wrote:Print it somewhere else from a different computer. Or just have the transcripts sent without it - they aren't necessary, they just help expedite the process. If you're already sending them, it's not gonna matter timewise.

They really don't matter? I can just give my UG the address to LSAC and tell them to send them my transcripts and it will get processed??

On the Credentials page on the right is a link that says "Requesting Transcripts." Click that. The address is on that page.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm

jselson wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:

On the Credentials page on the right is a link that says "Requesting Transcripts." Click that. The address is on that page.

Thanks... but that website says that I need to attach the Request form.

BlueBerryBus

Postby BlueBerryBus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Find a way to print the form. My UG would not send the trans without the form.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Your recommender can submit them electronically, it's easier for everyone, when you enter their information make sure you put the email address and it'll send the link to them if you select that option.

jselson

Postby jselson » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm

BlueBerryBus wrote:Find a way to print the form. My UG would not send the trans without the form.

I've sent a transcript without when it would be a huge haste to get them the form, but if this is the case for your UG or whatever, then obviously you gotta do it. But it's not universal. I had forms sent for 2 outta 3 schools.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Your recommender can submit them electronically, it's easier for everyone, when you enter their information make sure you put the email address and it'll send the link to them if you select that option.

A recommender? As in, one of the people you listed in CAS who will be providing you a letter of recommendation? Why would they have access to your transcripts (unless of course, you're hitting up the registrar at your UG for an LOR)?

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Someone is a bit confused here. THe OP was asking about Transcript request forms, as was I, not recommender request forms.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:02 pm

ScottRiqui wrote: A recommender? As in, one of the people you listed in CAS who will be providing you a letter of recommendation? Why would they have access to your transcripts (unless of course, you're hitting up the registrar at your UG for an LOR)?

At least at my UG Profs have access to transcripts. I'm not sure if there are any limitations on the privilege or not, but I know they can get them if they want. When I was at CC I had a prof that printed out my transcript during an office hours visit, it took her like two seconds.

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Sent my transcript without the form and it took them like 6 days to process it my academic summary report up. I wouldn't worry about it if it is to much of a hassle.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Someone is a bit confused here. THe OP was asking about Transcript request forms, as was I, not recommender request forms.
ScottRiqui wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Your recommender can submit them electronically, it's easier for everyone, when you enter their information make sure you put the email address and it'll send the link to them if you select that option.

A recommender? As in, one of the people you listed in CAS who will be providing you a letter of recommendation? Why would they have access to your transcripts (unless of course, you're hitting up the registrar at your UG for an LOR)?

Yep, I didn't read the thread, my B.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Happy Gilmore wrote:Sent my transcript without the form and it took them like 6 days to process it my academic summary report up. I wouldn't worry about it if it is to much of a hassle.

Awesome... Thanks for the info.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”