(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Redfactor

Re: HLS at Sticker vs. Berkeley Free

Postby Redfactor » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 am

Last edited by Redfactor on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 am

Redfactor wrote:I have a suspicion OP is talking about CalVet's Tuition Fee Waiver program.

http://www.calvet.ca.gov/vetservices/Co ... aiver.aspx

If you want Biglaw, especially in Cali, I would go B for free over H and loans. Especially if you can reduce COL by living with friends or family.

Knew I should have failed that hearing test when I was outprocessing... my poor future kids :|

AlexVee

Postby AlexVee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 am

Unfortunately it's not the G.I. Bill, but thanks for the info![/quote]
Curious.. what program is it? I know TX and IL have state programs where veterans can attend public schools for free, but I wasn't aware of any CA programs like that.[/quote]

Let me get back to you on that, I'm only vaguely familiar with it, he only refers to it as his 'VA Agreement", and it applies to all CSU's and UC's.

AlexVee

Postby AlexVee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 am

Redfactor wrote:I have a suspicion OP is talking about CalVet's Tuition Fee Waiver program.

http://www.calvet.ca.gov/vetservices/Co ... aiver.aspx

If you want Biglaw, especially in Cali, I would go B for free over H and loans. Especially if you can reduce COL by living with friends or family.

It might be, I apologize for not being familiar with the specifics, but thanks for the insight, it's definitely something to consider, especially because my sister would still be undergrad at B. It'd just be difficult turning down my dream school haha.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”