Question about reapplying to a school I was accepted to. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tuckerao

New

Question about reapplying to a school I was accepted to.

Post by tuckerao » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 am

Hi everyone,

So, here's my dilemma. I was accepted to Temple for Fall 2013. As it comes down to the wire, I have been unsuccessful at finding affordable housing for my partner and I for the year. I asked for a deferral based on financial difficulties (by the way, they're not offering me much in the way of scholarships), but I have yet to hear back from the dean. I've heard that Temple doesn't offer deferrals and that worries me a bit.

So, if worst comes to worst, should I withdraw and reapply as opposed to biting the bullet, moving somewhere I can't afford, and possibly putting myself and my partner through financial ruin? (mind you, financial is only a possibility not a definite). I guess the real question is: what are my chances of getting in if I do reapply?

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: Question about reapplying to a school I was accepted to.

Post by Ti Malice » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:28 pm

You should withdraw no matter what -- not for the difficulty in finding housing, but because attending Temple near sticker courts financial ruin regardless of your housing situation.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm

tuckerao wrote:I guess the real question is: what are my chances of getting in if I do reapply?
You've given us no information to help answer your question. What are your GPA and LSAT?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Your chances would probably be about the same

You should retake in October
Last edited by Nova on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuckerao

New

Post by tuckerao » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
tuckerao wrote:I guess the real question is: what are my chances of getting in if I do reapply?
You've given us no information to help answer your question. What are your GPA and LSAT?
UGPA was a 3.2, LSAT was a 154

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lumieres

Bronze

Post by Lumieres » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:19 pm

You're below both medians, but you never know. I thought they did allow deferrals according to the welcome packet, but maybe I'm wrong...

But you can't find affordable housing in Philly? C'mon. Give me a price range and I'll find something for you.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Ti Malice wrote:You should withdraw no matter what -- not for the difficulty in finding housing, but because attending Temple near sticker courts financial ruin regardless of your housing situation.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:You should withdraw no matter what -- not for the difficulty in finding housing, but because attending Temple near sticker courts financial ruin regardless of your housing situation.
I met a nice temple grad recently, he was applying for the same non legal job as me.

laotze

Bronze

Post by laotze » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 am

tuckerao wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
UGPA was a 3.2, LSAT was a 154
There is no way you should be attending law school with those numbers. Any chance of getting your LSAT up to the high 160s? You could easily snag a full ride at Temple or Rutgers; they're giving them out like candy to anyone at or above their medians these days, with living stipends included in Rutgers' case.

Do not attend a TT at sticker. Just don't do it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”