Deferral request denied, any options?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UMich11

Deferral request denied, any options?

Postby UMich11 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 pm

So i requested a deferral from a top 25 due to family issues going on and it was denied. Can i appeal that?

Sweetlady75

Re: Deferral request denied, any options?

Postby Sweetlady75 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I hope someone can help you.

Do you think that if you re-apply next year, you will be denied? I'm thinking that if you just reapply, you would have no problem getting accepted again..as long as you state your reason for not attending the year before.

UMich11

Postby UMich11 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Sweetlady75 wrote:I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I hope someone can help you.

Do you think that if you re-apply next year, you will be denied? I'm thinking that if you just reapply, you would have no problem getting accepted again..as long as you state your reason for not attending the year before.

I mean, i think i could. I was WL at a top 10 and t 20 - both are my equal top choice though i'd take the t10.

I applied "late" in the cycle, not getting apps in until mid november. So this time around i would get them in first week of september. But i guess it'd be nice to have the guarantee of somewhere while i figure my other crap out.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:56 pm

UMich11 wrote:So i requested a deferral from a top 25 due to family issues going on and it was denied. Can i appeal that?

What TTT - sounds like they really need to protect their acceptance rate

cooley move

Sweetlady75

Postby Sweetlady75 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm

UMich11 wrote:
Sweetlady75 wrote:I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I hope someone can help you.

I mean, i think i could. I was WL at a top 10 and t 20 - both are my equal top choice though i'd take the t10.

I applied "late" in the cycle, not getting apps in until mid november. So this time around i would get them in first week of september. But i guess it'd be nice to have the guarantee of somewhere while i figure my other crap out.

That is great. The fact that you applied late and was still admitted to one of the top schools implies that you have great numbers. I don’t think you will have any problems next year. If you get all of your applications in early, you will most likely be accepted to those schools for which you are on the WL now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”