ED at Chicago

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

ED at Chicago

Postby Trig » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Last edited by Trig on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ED at Chicago

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:42 pm

With a 3.93, you shouldn't be EDing anywhere. If you break 170 on the LSAT you are looking at a lot of money from T14s and the chance of money at Chicago. You want to have the opportunity to be considering different options. If you ED you will have no leverage to negotiate for money.

Don't be lazy in the short term and commit yourself to hundreds of thousands of dollars more over the next 15 years. Relax. You will get in somewhere.

Postby Smumps » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Southbridge wrote:I am debating whether or not I should apply ED at Chicago because $$ is going to be a significant factor for me.

I am a triple major (Accounting, Religious Studies, and Philosophy) at a Catholic school with a 3.93 GPA in the honors program; I also think I have fairly solid socioeconomic and other softs. I have held off taking the LSAT until October because I was not confident my June score would have been solid so I decided to put off the test and (hopefully) do better. Chicago is by far my number one choice and since I will be applying in late October (the day I get my LSAT scores back) should I go ED or should I go RD because I need the $$?

I want to maximize my potential for $$ while not diminishing my chance at acceptance. (Gee doesn't everyone. :D)

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Get an LSAT score then ask again

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”