2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

How long does it take to solicit a fee waiver? I took the October LSAT, and depending on the score I'd like to get the apps out the door as soon as possible. I take it that asking without an LSAT score is pretty futile?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Anyone try to solicit from Columbia or Chicago? Also has anyone seen their need-based waiver forms? What kind of stuff do they ask for? If its a simple filling out of information ill try it but I'd rather not have to take the time to send tax returns.
Last edited by t-14orbust on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby snagglepuss » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:47 pm

nothingtosee wrote:How long does it take to solicit a fee waiver? I took the October LSAT, and depending on the score I'd like to get the apps out the door as soon as possible. I take it that asking without an LSAT score is pretty futile?

I think if you don't have an LSAT score you ought to wait. Waivers come pouring in the week after score release. See which ones you land and go from there. I got over 50 of the top 100 schools unsolicited last cycle with middling stats including half the T14. The T14 and T20 schools I solicited responded within 24 hours.

User avatar
Vursz
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Vursz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am

Notre Dame unsolicited.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby applelover » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

Vursz wrote:Notre Dame unsolicited.



Same.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Cardozo

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2918
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cannibal ox » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Cardozo unsolicited.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:Cardozo

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Slytherpuff » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm

I keep getting emails from the T30 saying that they'll be at my undergrad for a law school fair this week, but no new fee waivers... guess I'll try to sweet talk them in person!

User avatar
BruinRegents
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby BruinRegents » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

MSU unsolicited

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wealtheow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:51 am

Moar waiverless e-mails from William & Mary... what the eff. Waiver or GTFO.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:35 pm

wealtheow wrote:Moar waiverless e-mails from William & Mary... what the eff. Waiver or GTFO.


+1

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2918
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Ohio State unsolicited.

Baltimore unsolicited.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby rebexness » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Cincinnati waiver.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby lemons » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Florida Coastal School of Law unsolicited :| leave me alone you TTTs!

User avatar
Beercules
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Beercules » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:25 pm

lemons wrote:Florida Coastal School of Law unsolicited :| leave me alone you TTTs!


But that chick be smokin'.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby lemons » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Beercules wrote:
lemons wrote:Florida Coastal School of Law unsolicited :| leave me alone you TTTs!


But that chick be smokin'.


lol maybe if i were a lesbian i would have appreciated the email more :roll:

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

Penn State, very sweet and to the point:

Dear barrelofmonkeys,
Based on your LSAT score, we think you would be an excellent candidate for merit-based scholarship aid. We hope you will apply now; your $60 application fee has been waived.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2918
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cannibal ox » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 am

Penn State unsolicited.

Georgia state unsolicited.

Utah unsolicited (packet in the mail).
Last edited by cannibal ox on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wsparker » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:46 pm

GA State

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Utah via snail mail.

theycallmefoes
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby theycallmefoes » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

UMich via snail mail.

I know that, as a general rule, these really have nothing to do with admissions chances, but I'm still wondering: how generous is UMich with its fee waivers? I only ask because it lacks the "this has nothing to do with admissions" disclaimer that some of my other T1 waivers have had (e.g., Duke's), and it was pretty complimentary compared to some of the others (i.e., stated something along the lines of "strong chance of admission," as opposed to some that have pretty much said "you may not even have a shot at this - who knows! - but it never hurts to try, so look at how super-amazing our school is, you know, just in case!"). So a very naive part of me wants to take the UMich waiver as a good omen.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:02 am

theycallmefoes wrote:UMich via snail mail.

I know that, as a general rule, these really have nothing to do with admissions chances, but I'm still wondering: how generous is UMich with its fee waivers? I only ask because it lacks the "this has nothing to do with admissions" disclaimer that some of my other T1 waivers have had (e.g., Duke's), and it was pretty complimentary compared to some of the others (i.e., stated something along the lines of "strong chance of admission," as opposed to some that have pretty much said "you may not even have a shot at this - who knows! - but it never hurts to try, so look at how super-amazing our school is, you know, just in case!"). So a very naive part of me wants to take the UMich waiver as a good omen.


I just got one too! They even had a hand written part talking about my undergrad degree. Anyone else?

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby lastsamurai » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 am

Bajam wrote:
theycallmefoes wrote:UMich via snail mail.

I know that, as a general rule, these really have nothing to do with admissions chances, but I'm still wondering: how generous is UMich with its fee waivers? I only ask because it lacks the "this has nothing to do with admissions" disclaimer that some of my other T1 waivers have had (e.g., Duke's), and it was pretty complimentary compared to some of the others (i.e., stated something along the lines of "strong chance of admission," as opposed to some that have pretty much said "you may not even have a shot at this - who knows! - but it never hurts to try, so look at how super-amazing our school is, you know, just in case!"). So a very naive part of me wants to take the UMich waiver as a good omen.


I just got one too! They even had a hand written part talking about my undergrad degree. Anyone else?


See page 16 of this thread

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
Bajam wrote:
theycallmefoes wrote:UMich via snail mail.

I know that, as a general rule, these really have nothing to do with admissions chances, but I'm still wondering: how generous is UMich with its fee waivers? I only ask because it lacks the "this has nothing to do with admissions" disclaimer that some of my other T1 waivers have had (e.g., Duke's), and it was pretty complimentary compared to some of the others (i.e., stated something along the lines of "strong chance of admission," as opposed to some that have pretty much said "you may not even have a shot at this - who knows! - but it never hurts to try, so look at how super-amazing our school is, you know, just in case!"). So a very naive part of me wants to take the UMich waiver as a good omen.


I just got one too! They even had a hand written part talking about my undergrad degree. Anyone else?


See page 16 of this thread


Ty, I knew it was in here somewhere cause I remembered, but didn't wanna go through every page lol.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests