2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wealtheow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 pm

NYU just now via email :mrgreen:

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby esrom55 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 pm

wealtheow wrote:NYU just now via email :mrgreen:


+1

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby bombaysippin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 pm

I couldn't wait for nyu :(. Maybe they will send me a waiver and I can get the fee back. For you guys that got one could you tell me what your stats are here or via pm. Really appreciate it!

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Marshmallow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Bajam wrote:I couldn't wait for nyu :(. Maybe they will send me a waiver and I can get the fee back. For you guys that got one could you tell me what your stats are here or via pm. Really appreciate it!


nyu didnt give me a waiver even after my 170 on the Oct. LSAT. i was super bummed because other people with my stats were getting waivers. I even emailed them-- no luck. as other people have mentioned in this thread, sometimes schools just like to stiff a few people who qualify.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Fiero85 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Got an unsolicited waiver from UMN just now, despite asking for one and being denied ~5 months ago, same stats. Thanks a lot herp derpers. They must be having a tough cycle.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby bombaysippin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Marshmallow wrote:
Bajam wrote:I couldn't wait for nyu :(. Maybe they will send me a waiver and I can get the fee back. For you guys that got one could you tell me what your stats are here or via pm. Really appreciate it!


nyu didnt give me a waiver even after my 170 on the Oct. LSAT. i was super bummed because other people with my stats were getting waivers. I even emailed them-- no luck. as other people have mentioned in this thread, sometimes schools just like to stiff a few people who qualify.


:cry:

User avatar
kitkat288
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby kitkat288 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 pm

NYU waiver today after I already applied :?

User avatar
WestWingWatcher
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby WestWingWatcher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Bajam wrote:I couldn't wait for nyu :(. Maybe they will send me a waiver and I can get the fee back. For you guys that got one could you tell me what your stats are here or via pm. Really appreciate it!


Just got one today, stats in profile.

jrd93
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby jrd93 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

wealtheow wrote:NYU just now via email :mrgreen:

+2

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

wealtheow wrote:NYU just now via email :mrgreen:


+3

I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby bombaysippin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm

kitkat288 wrote:NYU waiver today after I already applied :?


They say you can get reimbursed so just email them and let them know.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby BankruptMe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Dont know if I posted here, but I got a GW one from asking.

Got a WUSL one. Did not ask

I still have no LSAT score. All they know is im AA male

All in all, I think I have like 10 so far.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm kind of happy I didn't get one due to this reasoning.

At the same time, we are reading WAY too much into a discount that could ride on multiple CRS factors besides GPA/LSAT.

User avatar
koval
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby koval » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:NYU just now via email :mrgreen:


+3

I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.


Is January still considered late in the cycle?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby politics89 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 am

dcruss wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:NYU just now via email :mrgreen:


+3

I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.


Is January still considered late in the cycle?


Personally I would consider January to be the very beginning of the late stage. I think if you ask 5 people here though, you'll get 5 different answers.

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cactusflower » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Northwestern just now via CRS email! Woohoo $100 saved!

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm

.
Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:39 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:
I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm kind of happy I didn't get one due to this reasoning.

At the same time, we are reading WAY too much into a discount that could ride on multiple CRS factors besides GPA/LSAT.



also, nyu isn't rolling, so i don't think they care.

just got northwestern as well.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:51 pm

wealtheow wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:
I'm wary of their fee waiver though. It's already late in the cycle, makes me think they're sending these out to increase their selectivity.

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm kind of happy I didn't get one due to this reasoning.

At the same time, we are reading WAY too much into a discount that could ride on multiple CRS factors besides GPA/LSAT.



also, nyu isn't rolling, so i don't think they care.

just got northwestern as well.


Wealth can you just get into HLS/YLS already and open up some spots for fellow Dec. takers!? :lol:

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby BankruptMe » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Got one to Georgia. Do not know if I am going to use it or not.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Got a packet from Yale this morning o_0

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wealtheow » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Don't get my hopes up, hawkin!

Zero, what are you fighting fooooooor what did the yale thingy say? I asked my mom to check ze mail, I'm away for the weekend. Hope I got one.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:It makes no difference for me now, but I got a Michigan fee waiver in the mail that was included in a full package they sent to me.

Pretty nice, and they added a personal touch to their letter with a handwritten reference to where I went to Undergrad, which I thought was pretty cool. Anyone else get this?

But alas, the point is mum now.


Everyone gets the note. I hear Ithaca is way better in the winter anyways :lol:

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cron1834 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:08 am

It's been mentioned in a number of threads that Michigan is just plain-old nice. I didn't register for CRS until late in the game, and they gave me a waiver immediately upon emailing a request.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], patrickkpaul and 7 guests