2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby applelover » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Happy that I received the Chicago one today. I had been putting off applying.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby drawstring » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 pm

University of Arizona unsolicited.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 pm

RCO2012 wrote:University of Chicago unsolicited.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2918
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 pm

drawstring wrote:University of Arizona unsolicited.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wtrc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 pm

cannibal ox wrote:
drawstring wrote:University of Arizona unsolicited.


Same. Chicago too, at the same time, so it wasn't all a waste.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 pm

AAJD2B wrote:So far I've received fee waivers from UVA, Northwestern, NYU, Chicago, W&M, W&L, Cardozo and a few others not worth mentioning.


Adding Duke to the list. :mrgreen:

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wtrc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

So far, from the T14:

Yale- lol, never asked
Harvard- never asked- is that a thing?
Stanford- never asked- is that a thing?
Columbia- "Will contact if eligible" or something
Chicago- Got unsolicited today
NYU- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations, will contact if eligible or something
Penn- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations, will contact if eligible or something
Berkeley- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations
Michigan- Got in mail a few weeks ago
Duke- Got by email a few months ago with PT
Virginia- Got at law school fair 3 weeks ago
Cornell- Got over email
Georgetown- Solicited, over email
Northwestern- Got over email, unsolicited


7/14....

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby wtrc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 pm

bee wrote:
wtrc wrote:So far, from the T14:

Yale- lol, never asked
Harvard- never asked- is that a thing?
Stanford- never asked- is that a thing?
Columbia- "Will contact if eligible" or something
Chicago- Got unsolicited today
NYU- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations, will contact if eligible or something
Penn- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations, will contact if eligible or something
Berkeley- Emailed, denied based on no solicitations
Michigan- Got in mail a few weeks ago
Duke- Got by email a few months ago with PT
Virginia- Got at law school fair 3 weeks ago
Cornell- Got over email
Georgetown- Solicited, over email
Northwestern- Got over email, unsolicited


7/14....


you didnt get NYU unsolicited today?


NO is that a thing

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:08 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

He got Cornell though, and they appear selective with waivers.

Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby Instinctive » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Near-perfect LSAT and GPA

Today I got Chicago and NYU.

Just recently got UCLA and Virginia.

Previously had Penn, Duke, Texas, Cornell.


I'm hoping for a Columbia waiver. Holding off on submitting that application until I can be certain of not getting one/I get one.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby drawstring » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Do the waivers for each school tend to come out on the same day?

User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby jaesonko » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:25 am

drawstring wrote:Do the waivers for each school tend to come out on the same day?

Wondering the same thing. For whatever reason I haven't gotten an NYU waiver

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:10 am

AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So far I've received fee waivers from UVA, Northwestern, NYU, Chicago, W&M, W&L, Cardozo and a few others not worth mentioning.


Adding Duke to the list. :mrgreen:


Awww man I want duke so bad

RoaringMice
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby RoaringMice » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:02 am

U Arizona, Michigan State, Washington & Lee

User avatar
thisiswater
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby thisiswater » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 am

jaesonko wrote:
drawstring wrote:Do the waivers for each school tend to come out on the same day?

Wondering the same thing. For whatever reason I haven't gotten an NYU waiver



No, at least not always. I was disappointed I missed out on the Penn fee waivers a month ago and then I got mine a day or two after most people on this thread

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby patfeeney » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:58 am

I got waivers from NYU and UCLA, among others. I'm considering soliciting others but I'm not sure if my economic situation will justify it.

Do I just email or do I need to go through some form of application process for waivers?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby jingosaur » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am

I asked Chicago for a fee waiver and I got one yesterday, but I'm like 99% sure based on this thread that I was going to get it anyway and the timing is just a coincidence (it says on their website they don't take solicitations). I got from NYU on down unsolicited with a 3.76/170 and Columbia is the only non-HYS T-14 that hasn't given me one.

isaiah1992
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby isaiah1992 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:53 am

Columbia

Hidden! Finally!

$alty
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby $alty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:10 pm

jingosaur wrote:I asked Chicago for a fee waiver and I got one yesterday, but I'm like 99% sure based on this thread that I was going to get it anyway and the timing is just a coincidence (it says on their website they don't take solicitations). I got from NYU on down unsolicited with a 3.76/170 and Columbia is the only non-HYS T-14 that hasn't given me one.


cal included?

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So far I've received fee waivers from UVA, Northwestern, NYU, Chicago, W&M, W&L, Cardozo and a few others not worth mentioning.


Adding Duke to the list. :mrgreen:


Adding Columbia. Yessss!

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby longlivetheking » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:55 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So far I've received fee waivers from UVA, Northwestern, NYU, Chicago, W&M, W&L, Cardozo and a few others not worth mentioning.


Adding Duke to the list. :mrgreen:


Adding Columbia. Yessss!



is this an email or hidden?

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:59 pm

longlivetheking wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So far I've received fee waivers from UVA, Northwestern, NYU, Chicago, W&M, W&L, Cardozo and a few others not worth mentioning.


Adding Duke to the list. :mrgreen:


Adding Columbia. Yessss!



is this an email or hidden?


Hidden :D

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Why would USC send me another waiver, and now this one is dated ( Nov. 1 - December 31)




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests