2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itachiuchiha

Silver

Re: 2013-2014 Fee Waivers Rolling In

Post by itachiuchiha » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Im in FL and I got that email. Twice actually

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:Im in FL and I got that email. Twice actually
Which e-mail? If it was the adcomm panel, that likely means LSAT was not something they screened for. No offense brah

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:Im in FL and I got that email. Twice actually
Which e-mail? If it was the adcomm panel, that likely means LSAT was not something they screened for. No offense brah
yea adcomm panel. none taken

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Got the Vandy fee waiver and UVA thing with 173/3.5

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 am

Top 50 fee waivers so far with a 163/3.83:

William & Mary
Tulane
WashU
Alabama

Got a bunch of others from TTT's that I haven't kept track of. Many of them (including some non-TTT's like Michigan State, Seton Hall, Rutgers, etc.) practically offered near full rides for THIS fall as recently as late July. I can't imagine the offers you 170+ people get...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 am

AT9 wrote:Top 50 fee waivers so far with a 163/3.83:

William & Mary
Tulane
WashU
Alabama

Got a bunch of others from TTT's that I haven't kept track of. Many of them (including some non-TTT's like Michigan State, Seton Hall, Rutgers, etc.) practically offered near full rides for THIS fall as recently as late July. I can't imagine the offers you 170+ people get...
All I've gotten is UCinci, Vandy, and an e-mail from HLS asking me to look closer at the 'unparalleled opportunities' available there.

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 am

William & Mary
Tulane
WashU
Alabama

I got Georgetown a few weeks ago, I think that's the only t14 that has sent waivers thus far.

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 am

t-14orbust wrote:

William & Mary
Tulane
WashU
Alabama

All I've gotten is UCinci, Vandy, and an e-mail from HLS asking me to look closer at the 'unparalleled opportunities' available there.
Maybe I was wrong.

I guess the top schools know you'll apply and probably go there, so why spend too much time recruiting you? The TTT's know you won't go that route, so again, no need to recruit.

Me on the other hand, I'm just enough to pay sticker/boost selectivity in the top 20-40 and more likely to attend a 75+ for free.

Want to trade? I'll take your 170+ and you can take my 163 and fee waivers/scholarship pleas.

mojangles

Bronze

Post by mojangles » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 am

About that adcomm panel email, any of the people with previous application experience that have posted in this thread have any insight as to whether or not fee waivers may be provided?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mojangles

Bronze

Post by mojangles » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

AT9 wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:

William & Mary
Tulane
WashU
Alabama

Maybe I was wrong.

I guess the top schools know you'll apply and probably go there, so why spend too much time recruiting you? The TTT's know you won't go that route, so again, no need to recruit.

Me on the other hand, I'm just enough to pay sticker/boost selectivity in the top 20-40 and more likely to attend a 75+ for free.

Want to trade? I'll take your 170+ and you can take my 163 and fee waivers/scholarship pleas.
i will gladly trade my 170+ for your gpa ;)

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

Vandy bright and early this morning

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 pm

vANDY'S response to my fee request

Thank you for your inquiry regarding application fee waivers. Vanderbilt offers merit and need-based waivers. Merit-based fee waivers are granted through the LSAC Candidate Referral Service (CRS) searches, and when participating in CRS, your information may come available to us. We will notify you by email if a LSAC merit-based fee waiver has been granted, and your electronic application fee will be waived automatically when applying. Our fee waiver invitations sometimes cross in transit with applications received, and if this occurs, your application fee will be refunded.

For those applicants who have been granted a need-based fee waiver by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), Vanderbilt has approved an electronic application fee waiver. When requesting a need-based fee waiver directly to Vanderbilt, please provide your LSAC account number, a letter explaining your financial situation and include documentation to demonstrate your need. Documentation may include current financial aid award notices from your educational institution or income tax records.

Thank you for your interest in Vanderbilt University Law School. We look forward to working with you during the application process.

Sincerely,

lastsamurai

Silver

Post by lastsamurai » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm

FYI I got the invite to the admissions session with penn/Harvard/UVA/NYU and so did my friend who hasn't taken the LSAT yet

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:vANDY'S response to my fee request

Thank you for your inquiry regarding application fee waivers. Vanderbilt offers merit and need-based waivers. Merit-based fee waivers are granted through the LSAC Candidate Referral Service (CRS) searches, and when participating in CRS, your information may come available to us. We will notify you by email if a LSAC merit-based fee waiver has been granted, and your electronic application fee will be waived automatically when applying. Our fee waiver invitations sometimes cross in transit with applications received, and if this occurs, your application fee will be refunded.

For those applicants who have been granted a need-based fee waiver by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), Vanderbilt has approved an electronic application fee waiver. When requesting a need-based fee waiver directly to Vanderbilt, please provide your LSAC account number, a letter explaining your financial situation and include documentation to demonstrate your need. Documentation may include current financial aid award notices from your educational institution or income tax records.

Thank you for your interest in Vanderbilt University Law School. We look forward to working with you during the application process.

Sincerely,
Retake dat LSAT > get dat waiver > profit$$$

btw, are you URM?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:vANDY'S response to my fee request

Sincerely,
Retake dat LSAT > get dat waiver > profit$$$

btw, are you URM?
no unfortunately

kathj06

Bronze

Post by kathj06 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Just successfully solicited one from UVA

Steveloblaw

Bronze

Post by Steveloblaw » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm

kathj06 wrote:Just successfully solicited one from UVA
Do tell - with emailz plz

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Berkeley on fee waivers:

Thank you for your interest in applying to Berkeley Law School. We offer a need-based application fee waiver program which is administered by Law Services. If you obtain an LSAC fee waiver your application fee will be waived automatically when you apply to Berkeley. Merit-based waivers are not offered.

Fee waivers also are available to applicants who provide documentation that they are current or recently-separated (within last six months) participants in public service programs (i.e., Peace Corps, Teach for America, AmeriCorps), who were participants in a PPIA program, who are active or recently-separated members of the military, or who have special circumstances. If you have special circumstances you should include supporting documents via our online fee waiver application form.

The online application becomes available on September 1 of each year athttp://www.law.berkeley.edu/php-programs/admis ... ee_waiver/

Submit the form with proof of your participation in a public service program.

The deadline to submit a fee waiver application is January 15 of the following year.

kathj06

Bronze

Post by kathj06 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Steveloblaw wrote:
I emailed lawadmit@virginia.edu with LSAT score, LSAC GPA & account number and about 20 minutes later received the following response:

We are happy to provide an application fee waiver. When you apply online through LSAC, please use the following code:

Thank you for your interest in UVA Law.

NapoleonXV

Bronze

Post by NapoleonXV » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Last edited by NapoleonXV on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:12 am

kathj06 wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:
I emailed lawadmit@virginia.edu with LSAT score, LSAC GPA & account number and about 20 minutes later received the following response:

We are happy to provide an application fee waiver. When you apply online through LSAC, please use the following code:

Sent my e-mail just now, let's see how this plays out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Humbert Humbert

Bronze

Post by Humbert Humbert » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 am

kathj06 wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:

Did the same and got the same response! :D

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:15 am

Hi guys,

I received a fee waiver from UVA for the Fall 2013 cycle (did not apply), sent them an email this morning requesting a roll forward, received a response in less than 30 mins. They rolled forward my fee waiver for Fall 2014 Yayyy :D

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:16 am

Humbert Humbert wrote:
kathj06 wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:

Did the same and got the same response! :D
Got dat waiver 8)

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:30 pm

I also got the UVA waiver

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”