Is this even relevant...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
littlegiant

Is this even relevant...

Postby littlegiant » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

I will graduate from an all-male undergraduate institution next spring. Is that something relevant I should mention in my application (ie, addendum, diversity statement, personal statement, etc.)? Or will it even matter. Just curious what TLS thought.

I will be applying to in the Fall for C/O 2017

cinephile

Re: Is this even relevant...

Postby cinephile » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 pm

No, it's not really relevant. If you want to write about it and you have a good story to tell, do it. But if you can't come up with a story, what would be the point?

littlegiant

Postby littlegiant » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Alright, thanks for the response! Did not think it was anything special, just did not want to leave any stone unturned for this upcoming cycle.

Thanks again

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:09 pm

If you've got a good statement to make about it, I would say it's a fine topic for a diversity statement. Or if you want to write on something else for diversity, it could be a nice paragraph for the personal statement if you tie it into the big picture. It sets you apart from the average co-ed university, could make you more memorable to an adcomm.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 am

I would skip it. It's more something you chose than something inherent to you, and it's more about your college experience than who you are. Sure, it played a role in the latter, and who you are played into the decision. But I don't think either of those revelations will be interesting enough to carry an essay.

Though if you have an angle that you'd write on, feel free to post it and we'd be happy to give an opinion!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”