Applying September

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Erickt26

Applying September

Postby Erickt26 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 am

Took the June lsat but decided to cancel. Given that I have no score yet, should one wait until November when the October scores are out or apply in sept with no score and have them wait for the score?

paglababa

Re: Applying September

Postby paglababa » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

tag. I also want to see the outcome of this answer.

I plan on taking the LSAT for the first time in OCT so I'm in same boat. I feel like it makes no sense for me to start on application process because I have no idea what my score will be and if I will even be able to apply this cycle (if undesired score). Is waiting for a score and applying in NOV/Dec too late for $$$? What about getting reccomendations ect? Not sure how much to plan ahead while studying right now.

totoro

Postby totoro » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 am

First, it depends on the school- some schools wont process your application until everything is in, while others encourage you to send everything else while your waiting on your score. Personally I would want to wait to get my score back before submitting your apps because you may not be able to estimate what you will get. Second, LSAC automatically sends your score as soon as its available, so if you've opened an application with a school, you don't have to send it separately. Applying in Nov/Dec is not to late for merit money; at least this cycle, it didn't seem to have much of a negative impact. I would have your rec letters ready to go though so you can hit submit as soon as you get your score.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:50 am

Wait for your score, they aren't gonna look at your app without it.

Make sure everything is good to go once you get your score though. And if you have to retake in Dec, do so. Applying in Nov is early and applying after you get your Dec score isn't really late.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”