Is This a Good Improvement in GPA and Class Rank?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Is This a Good Improvement in GPA and Class Rank?

Postby 20141023 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 pm

If you actually read what we're saying some of this could also really help you. I completely agree with kappycaft1 and what he's pointed out, and if this is how you come off in person, good luck finding any sort of employment. While appearing dumb here may generate a few laughs, appearing dumb at a job will find you unemployed. And if you continue to piss off every credible poster on TLS, you should be prepared to never get any help on any of these boards, which is a disservice to you considering you're clearly in desperate need of help in a multitude of areas.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 am

Tigress, your grades are very likely not good enough for duke. You should probably blanket schools ranked 19-50 in markets you wouldnt mind practicing in long term.

jselson wrote:And in any case, Mideastern isn't considered URM, so you wouldn't get any formal boost. You might get some general diversity points on the margins, but nothing big.

TLS Conventional wisdom says there is no URM boosts for transfers :cry:

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:30 am

Damn Tigress, you go to valpo? I live there I hope I never run into you....no offense

Tigress

Postby Tigress » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Tigress wrote:Yelled at people? did I? For all I know, some people here take perverse delight in being unnecessarily offensive to me. I wonder why that is?

And for the person who is trying ever so valiantly to present me as dumb, again I took HA in Constitutional Law were others left the exam in tears. My GPA is 3.4 and I memorized the entire Constitution while the majority of law students, much less Americans, did not even read it. I wonder how you would fare if you are to venture studying my law, in Arabic, you wouldn't probably even succeed, would you? to make generalizations about someone's intelligence without factoring in their linguistic and cultural particularity is a huge sign of stupidity.

You think that because I enrolled in Valpo Law then I am probably not that bright but the whole reason I enrolled in it is because I was recovering from TB and was on a student visa. How could one possibly study for the LSAT while suffering from that disease, huh? By the time I recovered, I was running dangerously out of time and had to be in compliance with the immigration rules. I would probably have made it to Yale had I but world enough and time.

:lol: ... Yes, you have yelled at people. Here is just one of many examples.

It seems as if you think that you're the only multilingual person to ever have attended law school. You'd be surprised how many of us speak other languages or are internationals. Also, nobody ever said that you were dumb for attending Valpo Law; I said that your simplistic questions about the application process and inability to post in the proper forum on TLS made you appear dumb. You seem very upset that you were unable to make it into a top (or even tier 1, 2 or 3) law school and make nothing but excuses. You're very insecure (based on your post history, it sounds like you don't like men and think that people from first-world countries are all dumber and lazier than you), so good luck finding a job with that kind of an attitude. If you're anything in real life like you are on TLS, I wouldn't want to touch you with a 2-mile pole.

Huh? Who said I don't like men? just because one feels for aggrieved women and angry at the law in her country does not make one hate men, does it? Who said that I think that people in first-world countries are lazier than me? If I really think that, would I be here? So no, I don’t think I am better than everybody else, if I do, I wouldn’t be asking for help. You are being unfair and you just want to attack me.

I am not insecure. If I don’t make it to Duke or Cornell in my JD, I will work hard and get my SJD there or even in a better school. Saudi Arabia will pay indefinitely for my education.

So a guy comes and racially profiles me based upon my English and I am supposed to let that go unaddressed?? Do you know how much I mortally hate any kind of discrimination?? Did you not read anything I wrote?

Finally, I already have a job and they seem to like me a lot there because they realize what kind of person I am. I might come across as rough and rugged but I have a giant heart and principles that I don’t waver on, unlike the sycophantic ass-kissers with kaleidoscopic morality who are eventually found out and let go of. Integrity and dedicated performance are what last dear, everybody could otherwise act nice.

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:01 am

Tag 4 the lulz

Eta: as for the original question: I don't know, I guess? I mean, it seems like an ok jump? What was the point of your question? If TLS enthusiastically and unanimously said "Yes, that's a great jump!" then what would that have done for you?

DrStudMuffin

Postby DrStudMuffin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:54 am

OP is a good example of why cultural training generally goes hand in hand with language training.

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 am

Tigress wrote: I believe that Saudi women are ungodly dehumanized and gravely wronged. I believe that they impermissibly lack any meaningful opportunity at self-determination.

Tigress wrote:I am not insecure. If I don’t make it to Duke or Cornell in my JD, I will work hard and get my SJD there or even in a better school. Saudi Arabia will pay indefinitely for my education.

My favorite part of this whole thing is that she goes off on the Saudi power structure for being hostile to female education while they're PAYING FOR HER EDUCATION. Fantastic.

smdpnp

Postby smdpnp » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:10 am

Guys, chill. Pretty sure this is an elaborate flame.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

The only unchill person ITT is the OP

jselson

Postby jselson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 am

smdpnp wrote:Guys, chill. Pretty sure this is an elaborate flame.

The Valparaiso 2012 entering class profile lists an international student from Saudi Arabia, so this would have to be pretty ridiculously planned to be a flame.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am

OP is dumb

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm

OP, you can't transfer to the top 14 with a 3.25 or whatever your cumulative GPA is. That's not the very top of your class.

Second, I'm pretty sure the deadline for transfer applications has passed (or is right around the corner). You'd need to find letters of rec, which - judging by this thread - i assume you don't have

BelugaWhale

Postby BelugaWhale » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

mr.hands wrote:OP, you can't transfer to the top 14 with a 3.25 or whatever your cumulative GPA is. That's not the very top of your class.

Second, I'm pretty sure the deadline for transfer applications has passed (or is right around the corner). You'd need to find letters of rec, which - judging by this thread - i assume you don't have

:lol:

Tigress

Postby Tigress » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:32 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Tigress wrote: I believe that Saudi women are ungodly dehumanized and gravely wronged. I believe that they impermissibly lack any meaningful opportunity at self-determination.

Tigress wrote:I am not insecure. If I don’t make it to Duke or Cornell in my JD, I will work hard and get my SJD there or even in a better school. Saudi Arabia will pay indefinitely for my education.

My favorite part of this whole thing is that she goes off on the Saudi power structure for being hostile to female education while they're PAYING FOR HER EDUCATION. Fantastic.

Hey, I did not say I am not grateful. I am very grateful for the free education. Don't some Americans criticize America? Does that make them ungrateful or less patriotic?

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Tigress wrote:Don't some Americans criticize America? Does that make them ungrateful or less patriotic?

Yep. True patriots know that America does no wrong.

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Tigress wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:

Hey, I did not say I am not grateful. I am very grateful for the free education. Don't some Americans criticize America? Does that make them ungrateful or less patriotic?

Lol Americans criticizing America?

What on earth would we have to criticize?

Tigress

Postby Tigress » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Last posters, that is not patriotism, that is blind fanaticism and aren't you a bit arrogant? How many women have been appointed in the Supreme Court? elected as president? What is their percentage in Congress? How many is raped a year or is the victim of domestic violence? Oh wait, why would you care?

To the majority of Saudi citizens, Saudi Arabia is a model of perfection. Saudi women don't see themselves oppressed in the least because they fervently see themselves as good muslims who are merely obeying the dictates of Islam. Oppression is a state of mind. Would you call a nun oppressed? Hardly.
Last edited by Tigress on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Tigress wrote:Last posters, that is not patriotism, that is blind fanaticism and aren't you a bit arrogant? How many women have been elected in the Supreme Court? As president? What is their percentage in Congress? How many is raped a year or is the victim of domestic violence? Oh wait, why would you care?

To the majority of Saudi citizens, Saudi Arabia is a model of perfection. Saudi women don't see themselves oppressed in the least because they fervently see themselves as good muslims who are merely obeying the dictates of Islam. Oppression is a state of mind. Would you call a nun oppressed? Hardly.

well the nun chose to be a nun. thats the only difference. DISTINCTION 1, Tigress 0.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Tigress wrote:Last posters, that is not patriotism, that is blind fanaticism and aren't you a bit arrogant? How many women have been ELECTED in the Supreme Court? As president? What is their percentage in Congress? How many is raped a year or is the victim of domestic violence? Oh wait, why would you care?

I thought you memorized the Constitution and know more than everyone about the law...

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Jesus you people are aspies. OP is a non-native English speaker from a very different culture.

Good luck, OP. Don't let these squares get you down.

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 am

Tigress wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:

You can't accuse your home country of preventing women from getting an education when they're paying for your education. That's just dumb.

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:00 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Jesus you people are aspies. OP is a non-native English speaker from a very different culture.

Good luck, OP. Don't let these squares get you down.

Sorry. Did you link to a quote in another thread to prove you aren't aspie?

I don't understand why you 0L kids can't let this go.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”