Planning an October retake - what's my timeline?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Planning an October retake - what's my timeline?

Postby Beercules » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 am

I took the LSAT for the first time on Monday. I feel like I scored way, wayyyyy below my average PT score (about 172). Head just wasn't in it. Lest, I'm planning an October retake.

Obviously, it pays to get your apps in early. But I won't even really know what schools I'm capable of getting into until I get that October LSAT back. So for anyone who planned to significantly improve their score with an October retake, what was your timeline like in terms of getting apps in? What happens if I need to take again in December?

Re: Planning an October retake - what's my timeline?

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:39 am

Law school wise, focus only on preparing from now til October. After you take, work on your LORs/PS in between the month of waiting for scores. Apply if you get the score you want. This is still considered applying early.

If not, retake in December. Apply once you get your score back.

bp shinners

Re: Planning an October retake - what's my timeline?

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 am

As far as knowing where you're going to apply, the applications don't take that much time, and the additional materials are all going to be the same (with a few small exceptions). If you just prep like you're getting your materials together for the schools you would target with your PT average, you should (first off be fine since you should score around that), at most, have a few extra hours of filling in the basic questions on the applications after getting your score, should you have to change your game plan up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”