Can recommendation letters be saved for future cycles? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
This.Is.Steve.1991

New

Can recommendation letters be saved for future cycles?

Post by This.Is.Steve.1991 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello All,

So, question: If I get my recommendation letters together now, while my professors still have my performance fresh in their minds, can I have them saved on the LSAC site, or in my possession, until I decide to apply to law school? I am still on the fence about applying this fall and may instead apply next year (fall of 2014).

Similarly, would it affect my chance of admittance if my recommendation letters are dated in 2013 but are not read until the fall of 2014?

Thanks!

highopes337

New

Re: Can recommendation letters be saved for future cycles?

Post by highopes337 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:24 pm

It shouldn't affect your chances.
I did this and it went perfectly fine...

North

Gold

Re: Can recommendation letters be saved for future cycles?

Post by North » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:32 pm

This.Is.Steve.1991 wrote:Hello All,

So, question: If I get my recommendation letters together now, while my professors still have my performance fresh in their minds, can I have them saved on the LSAC site, or in my possession, until I decide to apply to law school? I am still on the fence about applying this fall and may instead apply next year (fall of 2014).

Similarly, would it affect my chance of admittance if my recommendation letters are dated in 2013 but are not read until the fall of 2014?

Thanks!
1. Yes, have your recommender send them to LSAC. They will stay on file for the five year life of your CAS account.

2. No. AdComms probably won't even notice, and they wouldn't care about it if they did.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”