Duke vs Georgetown vs Fordham ($$)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Duke vs Georgetown vs Fordham ($$)

Duke (small possibility of money)
81%
Georgetown (possibility of money)
14%
Fordham ($25K/yr)
5%

Total votes: 37

moshei24

Re: Duke vs Georgetown vs Fordham ($$)

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Nova wrote:Moshe Interstate 24

My name is Moshe, not MosheI. Simple stuff. Yup, I'm a highway. Hi, nice to meet you.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 pm

moshei24 wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Of these? Duke.

/thread

Given all the ill will the OP fostered when he was spawned, I'm surprised the hivemind is entertaining all the incessant questions.

You probably forget how politically correct I was when you all decided to go crazy troll on me. Quit the negativity. It's not appreciated.

True. Even your original posts (1, 2), despite being awful, were better than this. :wink:

That's hilarious, hahaha. Imagine he actually gets in?

And by the way, I only wrote #1. #2 was written by someone I went to my undergrad with who wanted to prove to me how arrogant and entitled I sounded in that email. After it got a bad response, I figured I'd post it myself with more background info and maybe get a different response. I didn't. Lol. But yeah, I only posted the one from "moshei24." I really don't have any reason to still deny it at this point, so there really isn't any logical reason to think I'm lying about it...

God you are such a tool.

Go to Duke.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:38 pm

There will probably be some other Orthodox Jews in Durham, maybe? How big is the law school? I can't imagine you'd be the only hyper observant transplant.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:40 pm

francesfarmer wrote:There will probably be some other Orthodox Jews in Durham, maybe? How big is the law school? I can't imagine you'd be the only hyper observant transplant.

Who's a tool? The screwdriver? The hammer? The plyers?

And nope, from what I hear, I'd be the only Jew there with a yarmulke on my head, and I'm not hyper-observant; I just happen to be Orthodox, but if Orthodox Jews are as non-existent as it seems...

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

francesfarmer wrote:There will probably be some other Orthodox Jews in Durham, maybe? How big is the law school? I can't imagine you'd be the only hyper observant transplant.

It came up on an earlier page, but UNC/Duke seem to have only one Chabad between the two schools, and it's about half an hour away from the Duke law school.

Still, I'm sure you're right, and I'm sure as a college town that Durham/Chapel Hill are more diverse than most people assume. Correct me if I'm off-base, Duke/UNC students.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

moshei24 wrote:

Who's a tool? The screwdriver? The hammer? The plyers?

And nope, from what I hear, I'd be the only Jew there with a yarmulke on my head, and I'm not hyper-observant; I just happen to be Orthodox, but if Orthodox Jews are as non-existent as it seems...

Hmm, I'm surprised there isn't a chabad near Duke. That sucks.

Those are all tools. You're very astute.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 pm

There appear to be several synagogues in Durham, so you won't be the only Jew there, but you'll probably be the only one who wears a yarmulke every day. Orthodox Jews are extremely rare outside of NYC. I'm sure you can handle it.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:49 pm

francesfarmer wrote:There appear to be several synagogues in Durham, so you won't be the only Jew there, but you'll probably be the only one who wears a yarmulke every day. Orthodox Jews are extremely rare outside of NYC. I'm sure you can handle it.

The Chabad is near UNC. It's in Chapel Hill, which is a drive from Durham.

The shul there is conservative and has an Orthodox minyan on Shabbos.

There are actually plenty of Orthodox Jews outside of NYC. LA, Chicago, Florida, DC, and the list goes on. There are very few Orthodox Jews in smaller cities. That's the issue. :)

Want me to name more tools?

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:56 pm

moshei24 wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:There appear to be several synagogues in Durham, so you won't be the only Jew there, but you'll probably be the only one who wears a yarmulke every day. Orthodox Jews are extremely rare outside of NYC. I'm sure you can handle it.

There are actually plenty of Orthodox Jews outside of NYC. LA, Chicago, Florida, DC, and the list goes on. There are very few Orthodox Jews in smaller cities. That's the issue. :)

You are the most annoying K-JD ever.

Go to Duke.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:12 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

You are the most annoying K-JD ever.

Go to Duke.

You whine like a little kid. You should try out for a movie or something. ;)

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 pm

moshei24 wrote:

My name is Moshe, not MosheI. Simple stuff. Yup, I'm a highway. Hi, nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you. I am the sudden brightening of a star. Not to be confused with TT Villanova or TTTT Nova Southeastern.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Nova wrote:I am the sudden brightening of a star.

--ImageRemoved--

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Nova wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

Nice to meet you. I am the sudden brightening of a star. Not to be confused with TT Villanova or TTTT Nova Southeastern.

So you're an exploding star? That sounds a bit unstable. Just saying. What about TTTTT?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”