(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CharlesCooper

Postby CharlesCooper » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am

deleted

Re: Con Law: Avoiding...or Beating...the Scam of the Century

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 am

Interesting... I'll have to check this out when I have the time. I hope you all made sure to reference people to TLS and other online communities in your book as well. :wink:

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 am

Not sure how I feel about a shill, but at least you were honest. Best of luck in your book sales.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am

Why should we pay for a book written by two randos that just rehashes the same crap we read all the time?

If you're not motivated by profits and you just want us to try it, why not make it free?

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 am

BigZuck wrote:If you're not motivated by profits and you just want us to try it, why not make it free?

True. :lol:

jselson

Postby jselson » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am

BigZuck wrote:Why should we pay for a book written by two randos that just rehashes the same crap we read all the time?

If you're not motivated by profits and you just want us to try it, why not make it free?

The sole review on Amazon is pretty good, but yeah, can you at least tell us more about your background?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:46 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:If you're not motivated by profits and you just want us to try it, why not make it free?

Exploiting a scam to make money just seems wrong on a few different levels to me.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 am

BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

Exploiting a scam to make money just seems wrong on a few different levels to me.

The kindle edition is only $2.99

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:54 am

BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

Does that apply to Campos, too? http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Law-School-U ... 009D13IA6/

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:55 am

Icculus wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

The kindle edition is only $2.99

Of that $2.99, what's your cut for shilling the Kindle edition?

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 am

CharlesCooper wrote:academicians

academicians

academicians

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

Does that apply to Campos, too? http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Law-School-U ... 009D13IA6/

Maybe?

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am

BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

I highly doubt you can make money when the book you're "selling" costs just shy of $3. I'm not sure of the costs of producing a book like this and putting it on Amazon and the bookshelves of B&N, but I'd be pretty surprised if they were (significantly) less than the money these authors might end up making (especially considering the pretty limited prospective audience).

Just my $0.02.
Last edited by suralin on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

guano

Postby guano » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 am

hibiki wrote:
CharlesCooper wrote:academicians

academicians

academicians

Yeah, that's a pretty clear indication that the quality may be lacking

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 am

Suralin wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

I highly doubt you can make money when the book you're "selling" costs just shy of $3. I'm not sure of the costs of producing a book like this and putting it on Amazon and the bookshelves of B&N, but I'd be pretty surprised if they were (significantly) less than the money these authors might end up making (especially considering the pretty limited prospective audience).

Just my $0.02.

If they aren't making any money then why should we pay anything? Just make it a free ebook or a blog or something.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:43 am

BigZuck wrote:
Suralin wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:True. :lol:

Just my $0.02.

If they aren't making any money then why should we pay anything? Just make it a free ebook or a blog or something.

To try to attract a wider audience maybe? If it were a blog, only the same people who read TLS and the scam blogs would read it.

But I don't really know, I guess I'm trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:44 am

BigZuck thinks everything is a scam. I'd only buy OP's books for the lulz or if I was extremely bored.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:47 am

Dr. Dre wrote:BigZuck thinks everything is a scam. I'd only buy OP's books for the lulz or if I was extremely bored.

Yeah, I'm way too lazy to actually buy the book and read it when I could just lurk TLS. (Not sarcastic, btw.)

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 am

Does anyone know where OP went to lolskewl?

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:50 am

jselson wrote:The sole review on Amazon is pretty good, but yeah, can you at least tell us more about your background?

This review is clearly written by someone involved with the production. The person who wrote has only written one review, and it just happens to be a 500+ word essay on how great this book is? Sketchy.

I get that there are people on TLS who are likely to be interested in this, but this really isn't a place to sell things even if Amazon/BN are likely taking a huge cut of the $2.99. If you want to give your book away for free, that's a different story.

No ofference to Mr. Cooper, but I doubt this book is going to have anything that we don't already know.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 am

Mr. Cooper you suck!

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 am

Dr. Dre wrote:BigZuck thinks everything is a scam. I'd only buy OP's books for the lulz or if I was extremely bored.

I'm pretty sure GULC and this book are the only two things I have ever called a scam on this site.

I have called many a troll a troll, but that's not the same thing as a scam, troll. :)

Eta: smiley because I actually like Dre

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:56 am

BigZuck wrote:

I'm pretty sure GULC and this book are the only two things I have ever called a scam on this site.

I have called many a troll a troll, but that's not the same thing as a scam, troll.

Calling me a troll? Boi, you better be outta your mind.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:56 am

jselson wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Why should we pay for a book written by two randos that just rehashes the same crap we read all the time?

The sole review on Amazon is pretty good, but yeah, can you at least tell us more about your background?

Dr. Dre wrote:Does anyone know where OP went to lolskewl?

Assuming it's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_J._Cooper

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am

Suralin wrote:Assuming it's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_J._Cooper

Read: University of Alabama Law.

Stopped reading.

Sorry if this is Ad Hominem.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”