Re-registering w/ Candidate Referral Services?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kathj06

Re-registering w/ Candidate Referral Services?

Postby kathj06 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Today I received an email from a law school I'm interested in telling me they would waive my application fee for the 2013-2014 application season if I re-registered with LSAC’s Candidate Referral Service later in the summer. That way, I will appear in on this school's list of potential candidates for the fall. To re-register with CRS, is it as simple as unchecking the box that gives LSAC permission to share my data with schools, and then rechecking that box? Also, I'm assuming mid July, when the June LSAT folks get their scores back and start registering with CRS, would be a good time to do this? Sorry for the potentially silly questions--just wanted to be certain that I go about this correctly and figured a TLS'er would know! Thanks.

Toby Ziegler

Re: Re-registering w/ Candidate Referral Services?

Postby Toby Ziegler » Fri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

It may be that simple... I recently updated my preferences for CRS and it seemed to do a "reset", so best guess would be that is how you do it. I think this would be a good question to call LSAC about. I would be interested in knowing the answer.

kathj06

Postby kathj06 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am

Ended up calling LSAC, and the rep I talked to said there was no way to "re-register" for candidate referral services, and that he had no idea what the admissions officer meant by that terminology. I think you're right though--I'm going to email the law school directly and ask for clarification, just to be 100% certain. Thanks!

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Fri May 31, 2013 4:28 pm

kathj06 wrote:Ended up calling LSAC, and the rep I talked to said there was no way to "re-register" for candidate referral services, and that he had no idea what the admissions officer meant by that terminology. I think you're right though--I'm going to email the law school directly and ask for clarification, just to be 100% certain. Thanks!

Interesting, Yeah it seems that it is something on the Law School's end not yours you already enrolled so they should be able to access you via CRS. Interesting. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”