They still exist Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Micdiddy

Gold

Re: They still exist

Post by Micdiddy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:33 am

Update op?

jas1503

Bronze

Post by jas1503 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Good article about the 'death of big law' that you can show him

CharlesCooper

New

Post by CharlesCooper » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:54 am

deleted

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:01 am

CharlesCooper wrote:
NYstate wrote:I think there should be a decent way to tell a person about the scam. But I don't think OP had the right approach.
Yes, if only...
OK guerrilla marketing wannabe, how about you tell the fine, neurotic 0Ls what they can gain from your book that isn't already covered here? At least Campos contributes to the community and posts in the forum. You just seem like you're trying to push a book full of info that people can get for free.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am

hibiki wrote:
CharlesCooper wrote:
NYstate wrote:I think there should be a decent way to tell a person about the scam. But I don't think OP had the right approach.
Yes, if only...
OK guerrilla marketing wannabe, how about you tell the fine, neurotic 0Ls what they can gain from your book that isn't already covered here? At least Campos contributes to the community and posts in the forum. You just seem like you're trying to push a book full of info that people can get for free.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dstars823

Bronze

Post by dstars823 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 am

so my roommate goes to a TTT in our hometown, i would say a large majority of my current friends go to TTTs, its very difficult havin the discussion but they are fully aware of the job prospects, most people seem to be ok with the fact that they will (if they have a job) after law school be getting paid 45-60. I mean 45-60k is still better than 0$ with a poli sci degree even with the debt.

I dont think people are as out of touch as we think though never understood why people refuse to retake its like 5 hours of your life for like a lifetime of difference.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 am

I think once most people get into law school, they are more in touch with the reality. Having been introduced as a wannabe lawyer to law students from TTTs around the country, first reaction seems to always be, "Don't do it!!"

Local TTT at a reasonable cost isn't the worst idea either.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

CharlesCooper wrote:The odd thing is that my thread was locked, the title removed, and it's as if the entire subject can't ever be discussed. But for anyone who has actually bothered to read the book, it's rather supportive of top law schools and only really calls into question the lower-ranked schools. It's cut from a far different cloth than the usual scamblog material, and it doesn't try and argue that every law school is a scam.

Note the title of the book - it includes the word "beating", a reference to the fact that the book concludes that attending a top law school is the only way to succeed.
The forum bans spam (which presumably includes promotion of commercial materials by those producing the materials). There might be a different part of the forum where it's okay - you could contact a mod.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Mr. Cooper, if your book was free, I doubt there would be a problem. How many copies do you expect to sell at $2.99? Even if you sold 100, who gives a fuck, it's $300. Make it free, if you're lucky you'll get 100 downloads and potentially 100 other people marketing it for you. Publishers have to send out a lot of review copies to make sales.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm

You should e-mail the amazon link to every pre-law advisor in the country - after you make it free

emu42

Bronze

Post by emu42 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 pm

fallingup wrote:This is the kind of person admitted to Yale Law? Disappointing.
+1

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Theme of this thread: It is wrong to do in real life what TLSers do online in this forum everyday.

OP - Mention TLS, LST, or tell him that if he goes to Florida Coastal, he's likely to get an STD.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Please don't necro old threads for no reason.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”