law school admissions questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
coreyacceptance2013

law school admissions questions

Postby coreyacceptance2013 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I had a few last minute questions pertaining to the law school admissions process I was hoping someone could assist me with:
Last edited by coreyacceptance2013 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Re: law school admissions questions

Postby North » Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 am

coreyacceptance2013 wrote:I had a few last minute questions pertaining to the law school admissions process I was hoping someone could assist me with:

1). I have not yet graduated from my undergraduate institution, but am of 'senior status' and will be applying next fall, a semester prior to my commencement. I have two LSAT scores (172, 177). For the most part do schools focus on the highest? My gpa is 3.05 at this point. So if I apply in the Fall, can I ask a school to waitlist or hold my application in my addendum until they see the last semester grades come in, if its a school that your gpa is too low for?

2). I have read some prior posts where people inquire on here about the effect of course withdrawals. If the course withdrawals are non-punitive at your school and will be omitted from LSAC calculations, therefore it doesn't hurt the gpa, but there is only a psychological factor in seeing them, will it hurt my chances tremendously if although my gpa is above 3.0, I have about as many withdrawals on transcript as I do actual grades? Or do they focus just on the numbers?

1. Your GPA will be below the 25th at every school worth going to, so don't do anything you just said, it won't matter. You're a splitter. Blanket the T-14 and your favorite regionals with polished everything on the day apps come out and let it ride. And yes, schools will focus on your 177 and that's what will get you places.

2. Won't matter. Don't worry about it.

CanIGetAnAmen

Postby CanIGetAnAmen » Tue May 28, 2013 4:01 pm

coreyacceptance2013 wrote:I had a few last minute questions pertaining to the law school admissions process I was hoping someone could assist me with:

1). I have not yet graduated from my undergraduate institution, but am of 'senior status' and will be applying next fall, a semester prior to my commencement. I have two LSAT scores (172, 177). For the most part do schools focus on the highest? My gpa is 3.05 at this point. So if I apply in the Fall, can I ask a school to waitlist or hold my application in my addendum until they see the last semester grades come in, if its a school that your gpa is too low for?

2). I have read some prior posts where people inquire on here about the effect of course withdrawals. If the course withdrawals are non-punitive at your school and will be omitted from LSAC calculations, therefore it doesn't hurt the gpa, but there is only a psychological factor in seeing them, will it hurt my chances tremendously if although my gpa is above 3.0, I have about as many withdrawals on transcript as I do actual grades? Or do they focus just on the numbers?

How did you get a 177?

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 pm

CanIGetAnAmen wrote:How did you get a 177?

lol. By studying hard.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Tue May 28, 2013 8:59 pm

CanIGetAnAmen wrote:

How did you get a 177?

What, you haven't?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”