Question about C and Fitness Questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hopeful4lawschool

New

Question about C and Fitness Questions

Post by hopeful4lawschool » Sun May 26, 2013 2:08 pm

I realize upon application to various law schools, you have to answer C an F questions.

I have a high LSAT, but lower gpa, but have always been in good academic standing at my UG institution. My school, along with many others I am sure, if a student gets a bad semester where the semester gpa is below 2.00 (but the overall accum is higher) they write 'Semester Warning' on your transcript, meaning that that particular semester the gpa was below 2.00 (even though the accum isnt)

How do you address this on the C and F questions Or are they more conerned with things like Actual Probation/Probation for behavioral reasons?? (p.s. I dont have a criminal record, not even a single traffic ticket (not that that matters; I am just stating my record is completely clean), and never had any behavior or probationary sanctions at school, just one semester where I performed badly and they wrote Semester warning on transcript (which isnt even probation)

How much should I be worried about this with C and F?

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Re: Question about C and Fitness Questions

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Sun May 26, 2013 2:20 pm

hopeful4lawschool wrote:I realize upon application to various law schools, you have to answer C an F questions.

I have a high LSAT, but lower gpa, but have always been in good academic standing at my UG institution. My school, along with many others I am sure, if a student gets a bad semester where the semester gpa is below 2.00 (but the overall accum is higher) they write 'Semester Warning' on your transcript, meaning that that particular semester the gpa was below 2.00 (even though the accum isnt)

How do you address this on the C and F questions Or are they more conerned with things like Actual Probation/Probation for behavioral reasons?? (p.s. I dont have a criminal record, not even a single traffic ticket (not that that matters; I am just stating my record is completely clean), and never had any behavior or probationary sanctions at school, just one semester where I performed badly and they wrote Semester warning on transcript (which isnt even probation)

How much should I be worried about this with C and F?
1.) I doubt this will hurt you at all. Maybe because your GPA suffers, but it's better to have 1 uncharacteristically bad performance than general mediocrity. Is what you have even probation? You may not have to check it.

2.) If it is considered disciplinary then I'd roll your GPA addendum for the bad semester into the actual explanation to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Re: Question about C and Fitness Questions

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:48 pm

hopeful4lawschool on March 15th wrote:my numbers are 2.55/172
hopeful4lawschool on May 19th wrote:I have a 168 LSAT score
hopeful4lawschool on May 26th wrote:I have a high LSAT
I strongly recommend that you focus on the LSAT for now rather than application stuff so that you can actually get that high LSAT. With a 2.55GPA, you will definitely need it. Best of luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”