When should I apply next cycle if I'm taking October LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hychu3

When should I apply next cycle if I'm taking October LSAT?

Postby hychu3 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post on TLS.

I'm applying to law schools next cycle, and I already have LSAT score of 171 from last December. But that was in the middle of my senior year in college, and I'm confident I can score above 175 next time. Most of my incorrect answers were from the Logic Games section, which I feel I wasn't prepared enough for.

So, when do you think would be the best time to send applications? Should I apply on the first day the applications are open (mid- to late September?) or should I apply a week or two before my October scores are out?

Clearly

Re: When should I apply next cycle if I'm taking October LSAT?

Postby Clearly » Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm

As long as you're in early in the cycle I don't see the point in applying much before score release, although I think with the 171 already schools will keep your app high in the pile while they wait for score releases. Good luck.

hychu3

Re: When should I apply next cycle if I'm taking October LSAT?

Postby hychu3 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:As long as you're in early in the cycle I don't see the point in applying much before score release, although I think with the 171 already schools will keep your app high in the pile while they wait for score releases. Good luck.

Thanks a lot. That makes sense.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”