Yield Protect Email Feedback

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Ti Malice wrote:Is your cost of living fully covered by someone else? If not, do you plan on buying food and living indoors?



My family lives in NYC, so I'd go home on weekends, and living could be like 10K a year if you know the area. My parents might help me a little, though. Maybe my grandparents, too. But nothing's set. I gotta do some real convincing.

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Pope Francis wrote:Please do not pay sticker at Fordham. That is all.



They gave me half-off. No worries.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby 20141023 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 am

Solid thread really glad I found this.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby francesfarmer » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

moshei24 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:Either you're a bad troll or you completely lack self-awareness. Also, if you already sent the email and it worked, I don't see the point of making a thread about it.


A friend of mine I had an argument about it. Even after it was successful, he still couldn't admit that he was wrong about whether or not it was a good email. I knew the school I was dealing with well, as I went to the undergrad, was very involved, and understood the culture, so I knew what buttons to press. I would never write an email like this another school. Well, maybe to Barry Law. Those emails get soooo annoying.

So you had an argument with your friend about whether you're an asshole or not based on your totally asshole-ish (yet effective) email and he wouldn't admit you're not an asshole? What a dick

User avatar
jas1503
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby jas1503 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

francesfarmer wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:Either you're a bad troll or you completely lack self-awareness. Also, if you already sent the email and it worked, I don't see the point of making a thread about it.


A friend of mine I had an argument about it. Even after it was successful, he still couldn't admit that he was wrong about whether or not it was a good email. I knew the school I was dealing with well, as I went to the undergrad, was very involved, and understood the culture, so I knew what buttons to press. I would never write an email like this another school. Well, maybe to Barry Law. Those emails get soooo annoying.

So you had an argument with your friend about whether you're an asshole or not based on your totally asshole-ish (yet effective) email and he wouldn't admit you're not an asshole? What a dick


What I took from it was the following:

1. OP understands the culture at Cardozo
2. That culture is "douchebag"-ish

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby kwais » Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 pm

OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm

kwais wrote:OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.



I happen to rarely write emails like this. It may have been a little bit over the top, but that's why I prefaced with, I don't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to let them know how I felt, because I know that the school cares about its students. Sounds like a good culture to me.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby 20141023 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:24 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby kwais » Thu May 23, 2013 1:25 pm

moshei24 wrote:
kwais wrote:OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.



I happen to rarely write emails like this. It may have been a little bit over the top, but that's why I prefaced with, I don't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to let them know how I felt, because I know that the school cares about its students. Sounds like a good culture to me.


you are missing the point to an alarming degree. Your point and everything you "felt" about it could have been written in a humble, straight-forward manner. People write LOCIs on a regular basis. You chose the entitled route instead. It was your form, not substance, that people found off-putting. Take this moment to actually listen to others, who have no stake in lying to you.

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm

kwais wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
kwais wrote:OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.



I happen to rarely write emails like this. It may have been a little bit over the top, but that's why I prefaced with, I don't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to let them know how I felt, because I know that the school cares about its students. Sounds like a good culture to me.


you are missing the point to an alarming degree. Your point and everything you "felt" about it could have been written in a humble, straight-forward manner. People write LOCIs on a regular basis. You chose the entitled route instead. It was your form, not substance, that people found off-putting. Take this moment to actually listen to others, who have no stake in lying to you.



You're right. Maybe I coud've done that, but when I did that at first, I got a standard blow off response, and was not interested in getting that again. This wasn't my first time emailing them. It really bothered me that my own university YP'ed me and then blew me off when I wanted to find out what had happened a month ago. If it was another school that YP'ed me, I wouldn't have been bothered as much, but my own school doing it was literally a slap in the face. And yes, I know for certain I was YP'ed.

I've already written numerous LOCI's to others schools in a completely different format. This wasn't a LOCI.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby buddyt » Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 pm

180 thread. Not looking forward to meeting insufferables like OP in the fall.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby 071816 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

OP is a shit bird

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby 071816 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

moshei24 wrote:You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.



#BeWell

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby francesfarmer » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

chimp wrote:
moshei24 wrote:You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.



#BeWell

Step 1 to becoming a special snowflake: talk about yourself in the third person.

vinnnyvincenzo
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm

moshei24 wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:Is your cost of living fully covered by someone else? If not, do you plan on buying food and living indoors?



My family lives in NYC, so I'd go home on weekends, and living could be like 10K a year if you know the area. My parents might help me a little, though. Maybe my grandparents, too. But nothing's set. I gotta do some real convincing.

No way in hell you are going to live off 10k per year anywhere around NYC unless your parents buy you every meal, all your clothes, toiletries and pay part of your rent & utilities and you never go out on the weekends.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...


OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby Balthy » Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Please post another thread when you e-mail a hiring partner. Can't wait!

acappella
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby acappella » Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 pm

moshei24 wrote:literally a slap in the face


LITERALLY

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 pm

wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...


OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.



I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby wert3813 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 am

moshei24 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...


OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.



I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby buddyt » Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 pm

wert3813 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...


OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.



I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

Image

moshei24
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 pm

wert3813 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...


OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.



I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.



You're silly.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hwwong, mintme and 5 guests