Yield Protect Email Feedback

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moshei24

Re: Yield Protect Email Feedback

Postby moshei24 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Ti Malice wrote:Is your cost of living fully covered by someone else? If not, do you plan on buying food and living indoors?

My family lives in NYC, so I'd go home on weekends, and living could be like 10K a year if you know the area. My parents might help me a little, though. Maybe my grandparents, too. But nothing's set. I gotta do some real convincing.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Pope Francis wrote:Please do not pay sticker at Fordham. That is all.

They gave me half-off. No worries.

Postby 20141023 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 am

Solid thread really glad I found this.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

moshei24 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:Either you're a bad troll or you completely lack self-awareness. Also, if you already sent the email and it worked, I don't see the point of making a thread about it.

A friend of mine I had an argument about it. Even after it was successful, he still couldn't admit that he was wrong about whether or not it was a good email. I knew the school I was dealing with well, as I went to the undergrad, was very involved, and understood the culture, so I knew what buttons to press. I would never write an email like this another school. Well, maybe to Barry Law. Those emails get soooo annoying.

So you had an argument with your friend about whether you're an asshole or not based on your totally asshole-ish (yet effective) email and he wouldn't admit you're not an asshole? What a dick

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

francesfarmer wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:Either you're a bad troll or you completely lack self-awareness. Also, if you already sent the email and it worked, I don't see the point of making a thread about it.

A friend of mine I had an argument about it. Even after it was successful, he still couldn't admit that he was wrong about whether or not it was a good email. I knew the school I was dealing with well, as I went to the undergrad, was very involved, and understood the culture, so I knew what buttons to press. I would never write an email like this another school. Well, maybe to Barry Law. Those emails get soooo annoying.

So you had an argument with your friend about whether you're an asshole or not based on your totally asshole-ish (yet effective) email and he wouldn't admit you're not an asshole? What a dick

What I took from it was the following:

1. OP understands the culture at Cardozo
2. That culture is "douchebag"-ish

kwais

Postby kwais » Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 pm

OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm

kwais wrote:OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.

I happen to rarely write emails like this. It may have been a little bit over the top, but that's why I prefaced with, I don't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to let them know how I felt, because I know that the school cares about its students. Sounds like a good culture to me.

Postby 20141023 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwais

Postby kwais » Thu May 23, 2013 1:25 pm

moshei24 wrote:
kwais wrote:OP. You are an idiot. The fact that the school needed your LSAT score and let you in, does not change in any way that the email was a terrible idea. Your friend was right even if the school gave you full tuition and a penthouse apartment. The reason you need to understand this is that your judgement is way off. If you do not get it in line, you will write one of these at the wrong time and pay the price. You are like a dude who wins a scratch off ticket and says, see, the odds are fantastic.

I happen to rarely write emails like this. It may have been a little bit over the top, but that's why I prefaced with, I don't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to let them know how I felt, because I know that the school cares about its students. Sounds like a good culture to me.

you are missing the point to an alarming degree. Your point and everything you "felt" about it could have been written in a humble, straight-forward manner. People write LOCIs on a regular basis. You chose the entitled route instead. It was your form, not substance, that people found off-putting. Take this moment to actually listen to others, who have no stake in lying to you.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 pm

kwais wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

you are missing the point to an alarming degree. Your point and everything you "felt" about it could have been written in a humble, straight-forward manner. People write LOCIs on a regular basis. You chose the entitled route instead. It was your form, not substance, that people found off-putting. Take this moment to actually listen to others, who have no stake in lying to you.

You're right. Maybe I coud've done that, but when I did that at first, I got a standard blow off response, and was not interested in getting that again. This wasn't my first time emailing them. It really bothered me that my own university YP'ed me and then blew me off when I wanted to find out what had happened a month ago. If it was another school that YP'ed me, I wouldn't have been bothered as much, but my own school doing it was literally a slap in the face. And yes, I know for certain I was YP'ed.

I've already written numerous LOCI's to others schools in a completely different format. This wasn't a LOCI.

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 pm

180 thread. Not looking forward to meeting insufferables like OP in the fall.

Postby 071816 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

OP is a shit bird

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.

Postby 071816 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

moshei24 wrote:You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.

#BeWell

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

chimp wrote:
moshei24 wrote:You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.

#BeWell

Step 1 to becoming a special snowflake: talk about yourself in the third person.

vinnnyvincenzo

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm

moshei24 wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:Is your cost of living fully covered by someone else? If not, do you plan on buying food and living indoors?

My family lives in NYC, so I'd go home on weekends, and living could be like 10K a year if you know the area. My parents might help me a little, though. Maybe my grandparents, too. But nothing's set. I gotta do some real convincing.

No way in hell you are going to live off 10k per year anywhere around NYC unless your parents buy you every meal, all your clothes, toiletries and pay part of your rent & utilities and you never go out on the weekends.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...

OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.

Balthy

Postby Balthy » Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Please post another thread when you e-mail a hiring partner. Can't wait!

acappella

Postby acappella » Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 pm

moshei24 wrote:literally a slap in the face

LITERALLY

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 pm

wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...

OP ALREADY GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE AND OUTCOME FROM THIS EMAIL (WHICH IS AMAZING ON ITS OWN ACCORD)

HE JUST CAME HERE FOR "FEEDBACK" AKA TO BRAG ABOUT BEING AN INSUFFERABLE HUMAN BEING.

I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 am

moshei24 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:The way underrated part of this thread that I want to make sure people aren't missing...

I actually posted this because I had a bet with a friend about this. That is all. Good day, sir.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 pm

wert3813 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 pm

wert3813 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

You're silly.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”