how can I work the GW WL?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JayJones78

how can I work the GW WL?

Postby JayJones78 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 am

I am trying to gather if there's a way to get an offer off the GW WL.

I already sent them a LOCI after they WL me, and nothing major has happened with me since then (about 7 weeks ago or so) other than that I'm spending the entire summer before law school abroad.

Should I attempt to write another LOCI where I am more specific on the fact that I'll accept an offer off the WL? Is there anything else I could do to show interest and/or make myself noticeable? Their last WL update said that they have not offered any seats off the WL yet, but with the massive class they have I am hoping they'll have spots open and are probably waiting for the second deposit date to pass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DoveBodyWash

Re: how can I work the GW WL?

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am

take June LSAT, improve, profit.

ETA: Nvm, forgot you maxed out and registration deadline is passed. Honestly there's not much you can do if there aren't any relevant updates. I don't think LOCI's are gonna be what get you off the WL, just gotta sit tight and be patient

JayJones78

Re: how can I work the GW WL?

Postby JayJones78 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:57 am

cusenation wrote:take June LSAT, improve, profit.

ETA: Nvm, forgot you maxed out and registration deadline is passed. Honestly there's not much you can do if there aren't any relevant updates. I don't think LOCI's are gonna be what get you off the WL, just gotta sit tight and be patient

yes. no LSAT for me until Dec '12 (but that's not going to happen :))

I was wondering if there's something else I could do to show them interest/show why they should take me etc. I would visit but I am outside the US until Aug so that's not an option

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”