february okay for LSAT retest?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hopeful4lawschool

february okay for LSAT retest?

Postby hopeful4lawschool » Sun May 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I have a 168 LSAT score, and because my gpa isn't too hot, its obviously in my best interest to raise my LSAT as high as possible.

From what I know, a 175+ can really offset a lower gpa, and some might say my expectations are unrealistic, but I have studied 200 hours since my first LSAT, and was debating between the December 2013 and February 2014 LSAT to retest, while December is 7 months away, and I have earned a 168 the first time, I keep thinking if I retest February 2014, I can meet my goal and expectations of 175.

I am planning on applying Fall 2013 to law schools. Do You think with a 168 score, that if I retest in December and still don't get there but get a 175 in February, will admissions take the February lsat into consideration as well, if I have my applications in early during fall 2013, and all they would be waiting on is feb. lsat?

rinkrat19

Re: february okay for LSAT retest?

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 pm

hopeful4lawschool wrote:I have a 168 LSAT score, and because my gpa isn't too hot, its obviously in my best interest to raise my LSAT as high as possible.

From what I know, a 175+ can really offset a lower gpa, and some might say my expectations are unrealistic, but I have studied 200 hours since my first LSAT, and was debating between the December 2013 and February 2014 LSAT to retest, while December is 7 months away, and I have earned a 168 the first time, I keep thinking if I retest February 2014, I can meet my goal and expectations of 175.

I am planning on applying Fall 2013 to law schools. Do You think with a 168 score, that if I retest in December and still don't get there but get a 175 in February, will admissions take the February lsat into consideration as well, if I have my applications in early during fall 2013, and all they would be waiting on is feb. lsat?

Feb test is really late in the cycle. By March when you get your score, schools have offered a lot of seats already and seat deposit deadlines are not far off so people are starting to commit to schools and fill up their classes.

I'd aim for October and retake in December, personally. Or just go all-in for December but even that is getting later in the cycle than I would be comfortable with.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”