Can you be a ceo or go into Wall Street with a Law Degree?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fussell

Re: Can you be a ceo or go into Wall Street with a Law Degree?

Postby Fussell » Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 pm

It's also worth noting that Blankfein completely abandoned his job as an attorney when he entered finance, although he was a tax lawyer, and banking/trading is all about accounting, so his legal background may have helped him.

All the associates I know hope to avoid having to get an MBA, and probably would never consider a JD.

I work as an ibanker and my MD is an ex-lawyer who realized he was an idiot doing wall street's legal work while bankers working the same hours he was were making 10x his pay.

Everyone should feel confident/good that people in finance would eat OP alive.

TheBiggerMediocre

Postby TheBiggerMediocre » Sun May 19, 2013 6:05 pm

yeah but it would be much easier to do economics or even accounting bachelors instead and then work your way up by paving the way with the 150k in debt you just saved. By that i mean taking your bosses out for dinner and paying for it and paying drinks at bars and buying them lavish gifts and throwing good parties. Even a $500 gift to everybody one step above you on the way to the CE0 spot on their birthdays might be enough.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Tekrul wrote:Neither route is possible without more social grace than you command.

Credited.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”