Letter of continued interest and new letter of recommendatio

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bdietz1123

Letter of continued interest and new letter of recommendatio

Postby Bdietz1123 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 am

Hi I hope somebody can help me. I am about to send my LCOI and a new letter of recommendation, which I got from the senior VP of the company I work for. I am hoping the new LOR helps, but how should I send it? Should I have him send it seperate, even though I am mailing my LCOI and it would make sense to put both letters in the envelope to keep my information together. I know LOR's are supposed to be sealed and were never supposed to see them so I am not sure. Should I ask the school or is that a dumb question. Should I have him send it to LSAC like my other reccomendors did. What do you think?

txdude45

Re: Letter of continued interest and new letter of recommendatio

Postby txdude45 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 am

Bdietz1123 wrote:Hi I hope somebody can help me. I am about to send my LCOI and a new letter of recommendation, which I got from the senior VP of the company I work for. I am hoping the new LOR helps, but how should I send it? Should I have him send it seperate, even though I am mailing my LCOI and it would make sense to put both letters in the envelope to keep my information together. I know LOR's are supposed to be sealed and were never supposed to see them so I am not sure. Should I ask the school or is that a dumb question. Should I have him send it to LSAC like my other reccomendors did. What do you think?

I think you should comb through your "LCOI" and check spelling/grammar.

Don't mail in the LOR yourself. Unless you already sent the maximum # of recs, you should still be able to have it sent directly from LSAC. Email them the form from the website and have them do it that way. If you can't send it through LSAC, either have them email it directly to the adcom, or give the recommender an envelope addressed to the school, a stamp, and tell them to sign across the seal before they mail it.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am

Could you not get a strong academic LOR instead? This one will probably not help you at all.

Bdietz1123

Postby Bdietz1123 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I already sent 3 academic letters through lSAC originally. And clearly I meant LOCI.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”