Do I have work experience?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eric922

Do I have work experience?

Postby eric922 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I know some schools like NU really like candidates with work experiences. I've held a few minimum wage jobs in high school and UG, but nothing special; just retail hell. I've also worked for my parents business as a typist. I don't know if it counts or not, but for it was a "real" job in the sense that I got a paycheck and paid taxes on it. I was just wondering if NU would count my jobs as actual work experiences for their purposes? I'd imagine they'd like something a bit more impressive, but I'm not sure. I'm also planning on taking a year off after graduating and getting a real job, preferably something legal related, but that depends on what I can find.

Br3v

Re: Do I have work experience?

Postby Br3v » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

eric922 wrote:I know some schools like NU really like candidates with work experiences. I've held a few minimum wage jobs in high school and UG, but nothing special; just retail hell. I've also worked for my parents business as a typist. I don't know if it counts or not, but for it was a "real" job in the sense that I got a paycheck and paid taxes on it. I was just wondering if NU would count my jobs as actual work experiences for their purposes? I'd imagine they'd like something a bit more impressive, but I'm not sure. I'm also planning on taking a year off after graduating and getting a real job, preferably something legal related, but that depends on what I can find.

No, but if you did one of those jobs after graduation I would be inclined to say yes.

lukertin

Postby lukertin » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I worked at McDonald's, does that count as work experience for NU?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

lukertin wrote:I worked at McDonald's, does that count as work experience for NU?

You are not funny, and this is not the lounge.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”