Which law schools are still accepting applicants?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jas1503

Re: Which law schools are still accepting applicants?

Postby jas1503 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 am

Situation just got worse.

I have a financial obligation listed on my law school report. It was a school that I attended 1 month after my 17th birthday, and I'm just finding out about it 9 years later..

I was immature, took some evening classes and dropped them 3 weeks into the school year. I didn't hear anything from the school and I haven't had any problems requesting a transcript until recently.

Unfortunately, I can't clear the bill right now, but is there anything else I can do to soften the damage?

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri May 31, 2013 11:49 am

jas1503 wrote:Situation just got worse.

I have a financial obligation listed on my law school report. It was a school that I attended 1 month after my 17th birthday, and I'm just finding out about it 9 years later..

I was immature, took some evening classes and dropped them 3 weeks into the school year. I didn't hear anything from the school and I haven't had any problems requesting a transcript until recently.

Unfortunately, I can't clear the bill right now, but is there anything else I can do to soften the damage?

You should just apply next cycle, man. Which schools have you applied to, and when did you apply?

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri May 31, 2013 11:52 am

Try UC Irvine

They will soon amass students with your numbers.

North

Postby North » Fri May 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Considering how seriously you've approached your 100k+ investment in law school, I think it's safe to say that you are still immature.

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:

You should just apply next cycle, man. Which schools have you applied to, and when did you apply?

At the moment, just CUNY, UDM (not going if accepted at sticker), Ole Miss, WVU.

Don't really want to spend a year waiting to see which T2/T4 trap school will take me. I'm retaking LSAT in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping my score will improve.

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Try UC Irvine

They will soon amass students with your numbers.

[Insert dull, pointless UCI related comment here]

jas1503

Postby jas1503 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 pm

North wrote:

Considering how seriously you've approached your 100k+ investment in law school, I think it's safe to say that you are still immature.

I'm not planning to invest 100k+ into any law school. If my LSAT doesn't improve, I won't attend.

North

Postby North » Fri May 31, 2013 12:43 pm

jas1503 wrote:
North wrote:

I'm not planning to invest 100k+ into any law school. If my LSAT doesn't improve, I won't attend.

Okay, I retract the snark then. You should really just apply next year. I also hope you're actively studying for the LSAT, not just hoping to do better.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri May 31, 2013 12:50 pm

jas1503 wrote:I'm not planning to invest 100k+ into any law school. If my LSAT doesn't improve, I won't attend.

Very wise choice. I'm glad this thread ended this way.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”