Law School Advertising Megathread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
californiauser

Re: Law School Advertising Megathread

Postby californiauser » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Liberty Law called me today. I feel like a high school football recruit.

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 pm

californiauser wrote:Liberty Law called me today. I feel like a high school football recruit.

feels good, amirite?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Did anyone get an invite to a Columbia information session in August? I"m wondering if this went out to everyone who listed themselves as applying in the upcoming year, or if it was sent out to select people based on residency (I'm in New York) or LSAT/GPA or what not.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did anyone get an invite to a Columbia information session in August? I"m wondering if this went out to everyone who listed themselves as applying in the upcoming year, or if it was sent out to select people based on residency (I'm in New York) or LSAT/GPA or what not.

This thread is basically for making fun of crappy schools that send emails to kappycaft1. I think you might be looking for the "2013-2014 fee waivers rolling in" thread or something like that.

Unless this is some shit school from Colombia and you misspelled its name.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 pm

BigZuck wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did anyone get an invite to a Columbia information session in August? I"m wondering if this went out to everyone who listed themselves as applying in the upcoming year, or if it was sent out to select people based on residency (I'm in New York) or LSAT/GPA or what not.

This thread is basically for making fun of crappy schools that send emails to kappycaft1. I think you might be looking for the "2013-2014 fee waivers rolling in" thread or something like that.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt -- maybe he's referring to Columbia College (yikes). I could picture them having an online law program.

Humbert Humbert

Postby Humbert Humbert » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt -- maybe he's referring to Columbia College (yikes). I could picture them having an online law program.

Speaking of misunderstandings...
----
Hi,

I sent you an email last week (see below) regarding a potential incoming merit based scholarship with Phoenix School of Law for Fall 2013, in the amount of $30,000. This potential scholarship amount is based on your xxx LSAT and xxx undergrad GPA. Is this information correct?

Additionally, we are not affiliated with any online institution. We are a brick and mortar, ABA accredited law school located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the application process. You can apply through LSAC and your application fee is waived.

Best wishes,

----

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Speaking of misunderstandings...
----
Hi,

I sent you an email last week (see below) regarding a potential incoming merit based scholarship with Phoenix School of Law for Fall 2013, in the amount of $30,000. This potential scholarship amount is based on your xxx LSAT and xxx undergrad GPA. Is this information correct?

Additionally, we are not affiliated with any online institution. We are a brick and mortar, ABA accredited law school located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the application process. You can apply through LSAC and your application fee is waived.

Best wishes,

----

This is my second cycle in a row and I miss my semi- weekly emails from Candy. Btw if you ever want to take a trip down the rabbit hole then google her.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 pm

BigZuck wrote:

Sorry, I figured this was mainly crap mailings, I just couldn't find anyone else talking about this email, and figured this thread would be the most reliable place to find people receiving and paying attention to mass law school mailings.

Humbert Humbert

Postby Humbert Humbert » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Who is Candy...

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Sorry, I figured this was mainly crap mailings, I just couldn't find anyone else talking about this email, and figured this thread would be the most reliable place to find people receiving and paying attention to mass law school mailings.

No biggie, I was just trying to help you find the info you're looking for. At this point I think this thread is for people to mock crappy schools while waiting for August/law school to roll around.

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
Humbert Humbert wrote:Who is Candy...

Oh Candy Kallen... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Possibly the most valuable thing you will learn at TLS.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:09 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:

And to think: She's been going at it strong for 5+ years. I think I may have found her Facebook (LinkRemoved), just in case anybody wanted to put a face to all those spam emails.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:53 am

Rabbit, meet hole

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 am

PRgradBYU wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

And to think: She's been going at it strong for 5+ years. I think I may have found her Facebook (LinkRemoved), just in case anybody wanted to put a face to all those spam emails.

That's def her :lol:

The graduation pic with the beat up legal books in the background seals it.

smus

Postby smus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Nova wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:

That's def her :lol:

The graduation pic with the beat up legal books in the background seals it.

Well at least she can afford to be one of those weird rockabilly/50s hobbyists.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 pm

If you really want these emails to stop, just respond to every single email of theirs telling them their tuition and law graduates unemployment rate are too high. eventually they'll catch on and stop hassling you. I have not been bothered since April.

But then again, I made the decision to not go to law school so didn't really bother me. I also flipped out on Roger Williams Law School for continuing to send me emails even after I unsubscribed couple of times.

jselson

Postby jselson » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:52 am

Cooley students share their stories and experiences

Cooley Law School students are doing some amazing things - in the classroom, across the nation, and worldwide.

With a national and international student body, you will not only find someone just like you, but students with different ideas and viewpoints, making a dynamic and rich environment to learn the law. Experience Cooley.

(Image caption): Cooley student Luther Bunting Jr. shakes President Obama's hand during his visit to Capetown, South Africa, on June 30, 2013.

I like how shaking a famous person's hand is what Cooley considers "doing some amazing things."

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Just got a call from Liberty University. I didn't engage so I don't have any dirt. The girl on the phone sounded like your run of the mill depressed-as-fuck telemarketer.

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:34 pm

jselson wrote:Cooley students share their stories and experiences

Cooley Law School students are doing some amazing things - in the classroom, across the nation, and worldwide.

With a national and international student body, you will not only find someone just like you, but students with different ideas and viewpoints, making a dynamic and rich environment to learn the law. Experience Cooley.

(Image caption): Cooley student Luther Bunting Jr. shakes President Obama's hand during his visit to Capetown, South Africa, on June 30, 2013.

I like how shaking a famous person's hand is what Cooley considers "doing some amazing things."

What was a Cooley dude doing in South Africa? Running away from student loans?

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 pm

scruffy556 wrote:
jselson wrote:Cooley students share their stories and experiences

What was a Cooley dude doing in South Africa? Running away from student loans?

:lol:

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:49 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Just got a call from Liberty University. I didn't engage so I don't have any dirt. The girl on the phone sounded like your run of the mill depressed-as-fuck telemarketer.

I've been getting the Liberty calls, but I haven't picked up yet. I'm kind of tempted to just say that I'm Jewish right off the bat and see what happens.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

goldbh7 wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:Just got a call from Liberty University. I didn't engage so I don't have any dirt. The girl on the phone sounded like your run of the mill depressed-as-fuck telemarketer.

I've been getting the Liberty calls, but I haven't picked up yet. I'm kind of tempted to just say that I'm Jewish right off the bat and see what happens.

The girl who called sounded young, like maybe she's an undergrad trying to make some money. I would feel bad giving her shit. I just said "uhh, I'm like, already going somewhere."

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”