Law School Advertising Megathread Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Presidentjlh

Silver

Re: Law School Advertising Megathread

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I think and hope that admissions is a whirlwind of shit right about now at many law schools. They better hope they can flog the hell out of these LLMs to rich foreigners.
This was at least a better year for law applicants than the past few.

Still not great...but better.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:I think and hope that admissions is a whirlwind of shit right about now at many law schools. They better hope they can flog the hell out of these LLMs to rich foreigners.

dm; fr :D

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:

dm; fr :D
woooo

RoaringMice

Bronze

Post by RoaringMice » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:43 pm

I just received an email from West Virginia U College of Law, congratulating me on taking the recent LSAT, and telling me I still have time to apply. Problem is, their email is titled, "WVU Law will accept your February LSAT score." Being that it's June and all, that's very nice. ;)

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Anybody seen any schools trumpeting PAYE as a way to finance the law degree?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:04 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Anybody seen any schools trumpeting PAYE as a way to finance the law degree?

Catholic: http://www.law.edu/finaid/index.cfm

This is their financial aid home page - a link to a brief run-down of PAYE is put in bold, underlined, bigger font

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Pretty aggressive. Thank you.

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:Anybody seen any schools trumpeting PAYE as a way to finance the law degree?

Catholic: http://www.law.edu/finaid/index.cfm

This is their financial aid home page - a link to a brief run-down of PAYE is put in bold, underlined, bigger font
They seriously own law.edu?

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Here's the crazy thing: they registered it in February 1997. Compare that to Harvard.edu, which was activated in 1985. Law.edu was ripe for the taking for quite a while.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Here's the crazy thing: they registered it in February 1997. Compare that to Harvard.edu, which was activated in 1985. Law.edu was ripe for the taking for quite a while.
Lol, anyone wanna throw in some money, purchase sharialaw.net, and have it redirect to either 1) TLS, 2) Pamela Geller's site, or 3) Yale?

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

jselson wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:Here's the crazy thing: they registered it in February 1997. Compare that to Harvard.edu, which was activated in 1985. Law.edu was ripe for the taking for quite a while.
Lol, anyone wanna throw in some money, purchase sharialaw.net, and have it redirect to either 1) TLS, 2) Pamela Geller's site, or 3) Yale?
:lol:

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 pm

jselson wrote:
Dat PRISM laser beam gonna burn a hole in your roof.

God, catholic's tuition is almost as much as georgetown

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Penn State wrote:
Scholarship aid still available at Penn State Law

Dear Student,

Based on the information you provided to LSAC, we continue to think you would be an excellent candidate for merit-based scholarship aid at Penn State Law. We hope you will apply now; your fee has been waived.

We would be happy to give you a tour of campus, show you around, and introduce you to the people who make Penn State Law so special, a few of whom are profiled below. Please contact me directly at 814-865-8978 or send an email to admissions@law.psu.edu if you have any questions about us or how you can fit in here.
Oh boy! A fee waiver AND merit aid? At Penn State law? How could I pass up an opportunity at such a prestigious institution? Maybe I'll get to meet the football team!

Wow. I never thought I'd see an Ivy stoop to this. That football scandal really hurt them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sasquatchsam

Bronze

Post by sasquatchsam » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Dear sasquatchsam

Congratulations on completing the June LSAT! If you don't want to wait another year to attend law school, please note that the Univeristy of Montana School of Law is accepting late applications and will consider June LSAT scores for entry into law school starting this fall, 2013. You have time now to prepare your application so it will be complete when your LSAT scores are posted.

At the University of Montana School of Law, we understand the importance of making the best choice when it comes to your legal education, and we know many factors will weigh into your decision. Cost and job placement after graduation are two important factors to current law school applicants. This past fall, the University of Montana School of Law was ranked number seven as a Best Value Law School in The National Jurist Magazine. The best value rankings take into consideration cost, debt load, bar passage, and placement in legal jobs. In fact, Montana is the only law school in the northwest to make the top 10 Best Value list.

Curriculum is another important factor to consider when applying to law school. The University of Montana School of Law offers joint degrees, allowing students to receive both a Juris Doctor and a Master of Science in Environmental Studies, a Master of Public Administration, or a Master of Business Administration. We also offer Certificates in Environmental and Natural Resource Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Indian Law. In addition, students may choose to focus their studies in many different areas, including business and commercial law, civil litigation, and criminal law, to name a few. Perhaps more important than the specialty areas offered, is our long held philosophy of integrating the study of legal theory with practical based training. You will graduate with a strong legal foundation and the skills necessary to begin a productive practice.

Finally, the unique environment at the University of Montana School of Law provides our students with small class sizes, a strong sense of camaraderie and community, and a beautiful, modern building, all located in a place of unsurpassed physical surroundings. Missoula is a vibrant, active community of 67,000 people, with a passion for arts and culture, surrounded by rivers, lakes, and mountains for the outdoor enthusiast.

Please take a moment to view our website at http://www.umt.edu/law . Again, although our posted application deadline is March 15, we will accept late applications with June LSAT scores. I look forward to answering any questions you might have and if you are able to visit the University of Montana School of Law, I encourage you to contact me to schedule a tour.

Best,

Lori E. Freeman, J.D.

Director of Admissions and Career Services

University of Montana School of Law

32 Campus Drive

Missoula, MT 59812

lori.freeman@umontana.edu

(406) 243-2698
I actually thought this one was pretty good. Not too pushy and more an FYI.

capt_slow

Bronze

Post by capt_slow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm

californiauser wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Penn State wrote:

Dear Student,

Based on the information you provided to LSAC, we continue to think you would be an excellent candidate for merit-based scholarship aid at Penn State Law. We hope you will apply now; your fee has been waived.

We would be happy to give you a tour of campus, show you around, and introduce you to the people who make Penn State Law so special, a few of whom are profiled below. Please contact me directly at 814-865-8978 or send an email to admissions@law.psu.edu if you have any questions about us or how you can fit in here.
Oh boy! A fee waiver AND merit aid? At Penn State law? How could I pass up an opportunity at such a prestigious institution? Maybe I'll get to meet the football team!

Wow. I never thought I'd see an Ivy stoop to this. That football scandal really hurt them.
Penn State is not an Ivy League school, it isn't even considered a public Ivy. Penn State is in the Big 10...

Furthermore, Penn State's Law School is not highly ranked.

I assume you are mistaking Penn State for the University of Pennsylvania, Which is an Ivy League School and a top 10 law school.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 pm

capt_slow wrote:
californiauser wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Penn State wrote:

Dear Student,

Penn State is not an Ivy League school, it isn't even considered a public Ivy. Penn State is in the Big 10...

I assume you are mistaking Penn State for the University of Pennsylvania, Which is an Ivy League School and a top 10 law school.
Thanks captain slow

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 pm

capt_slow wrote:
californiauser wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Penn State wrote:

Dear Student,

UPenn and Penn State merged back in the early 20th century to form UPenn State. Everybody knows this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

capt_slow

Bronze

Post by capt_slow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm

oh you were joking... sorry I didn't notice, there are a lot of dumb people in this world, and I just assumed you were one...

I guess I am the dumb one

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 am

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 am

I think my favorite was the school that offered an IPad for enrolling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

$150,000 IPad. Sweet.

stuckinthemiddle

Bronze

Post by stuckinthemiddle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:53 am

Dear stuckinthemiddle,

Some answers to frequently asked questions about Barry University School of Law:

Q: I’m currently a 1L at another law school. I received a D in one course and failed another. Am I still eligible for a Merit-based Scholarship at Barry Law?

A: Yes. As long as you are a student in good standing at your current law school, you are eligible for a scholarship at Barry Law. We look at your overall academic profile, not just your performance in a few courses, when making scholarship decisions. If you received a C-minus or lower in a course, you will be required to retake the course at Barry Law, but this does not affect your eligibility for any of our scholarships, stipends, or grants.

Q: I lost my scholarship at my current school because I did not meet the GPA requirements. Am I still eligible for a Barry Law scholarship?

A: Yes. As a transfer student, your scholarship eligibility has nothing to do with whether or not you received or lost a scholarship at your current school. If you are awarded a scholarship at Barry Law, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8, as outlined in the scholarship award letter you will receive upon admission, in order to renew the scholarship the following year.

Q: I have heard about Barry Law’s “Admission to Oath” program, which features Personal Academic Counselors, law school workshops, and a new iPad for incoming students. Are transfer students eligible for this program?

A: Yes. Students who transfer to Barry Law in Fall 2013 have full access to the Admission to Oath program and will receive a new iPad as part of the program. Although many of the voluntary workshops are geared toward students who are new to law school, you are welcome to take part in them if you wish. We also encourage you to sign up for a Personal Academic Counselor and our extensive Bar Prep program.

JEEBUS.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Do those massages come with a happy ending? Because three years of that might be tempting.

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I wonder what those "Lunch Like a Lawyer" events are....

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm

dkb17xzx wrote:I wonder what those "Lunch Like a Lawyer" events are....
you don't eat anything, because no one from barry actually has enough money to eat

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”