Illinois State Bar Report on Law School Debt

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Docreviewsux

Illinois State Bar Report on Law School Debt

Postby Docreviewsux » Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 am

Read lemmings. Then run away from this horrid profession.

http://www.isba.org/sites/default/files ... 3-8-13.pdf

bearsfan23

Re: Illinois State Bar Report on Law School Debt

Postby bearsfan23 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Can't you just make 1 thread to post all of your law school is the worst decision ever articles? Why make a new topic for each one.

Postby 09042014 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:17 pm

bearsfan23 wrote:Can't you just make 1 thread to post all of your law school is the worst decision ever articles? Why make a new topic for each one.

He could post 20 a day, and the site will still be more cluttered by threads about attending TTT schools and scifi guy threads.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Don't you have a dedicated thread for this crap? This OP is bitter and wants to rain on everybodys parade, always posting stuff like this and never anything constructive. Just look at his post history. He is mad because he is doing doc review, but probably finished in the bottom 10% of his class and/or is just not law firm material, even shitlaw. So now he wants to try and discourage 0Ls by posting this troll garbage. I don't feel sorry for OP at all. This forum is a great resource for 0Ls to get guidance from some very knowledgeable people, but this OP is a joke. Shoulda retook the LSAT brah! ROFL

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed May 01, 2013 11:50 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:Don't you have a dedicated thread for this crap? This OP is bitter and wants to rain on everybodys parade, always posting stuff like this and never anything constructive. Just look at his post history. He is mad because he is doing doc review, but probably finished in the bottom 10% of his class and/or is just not law firm material, even shitlaw. So now he wants to try and discourage 0Ls by posting this troll garbage. I don't feel sorry for OP at all. This forum is a great resource for 0Ls to get guidance from some very knowledgeable people, but this OP is a joke. Shoulda retook the LSAT brah! ROFL

0L scum thinks the universe is full of posies

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:00 am

rad lulz wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:Don't you have a dedicated thread for this crap? This OP is bitter and wants to rain on everybodys parade, always posting stuff like this and never anything constructive. Just look at his post history. He is mad because he is doing doc review, but probably finished in the bottom 10% of his class and/or is just not law firm material, even shitlaw. So now he wants to try and discourage 0Ls by posting this troll garbage. I don't feel sorry for OP at all. This forum is a great resource for 0Ls to get guidance from some very knowledgeable people, but this OP is a joke. Shoulda retook the LSAT brah! ROFL

(know-nothing 0L)

And proud of it. Bottom line is he has a dedicated thread for stuff like this. It is insightful, worth the read, but no need to create new threads for it every time.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 am

stillwater wrote:

Nah not really. I just don't really care for OP. Like I said above, when a guy has a thread for posting this stuff he should stick it in that thread.

Docreviewsux wrote:Read lemmings. Then run away from this horrid profession.

He can post links to reports, as I said above, they are worth the read. But prefacing it with comments like this are what crosses the line into bitter troll category.

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:09 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Nah not really. I just don't really care for OP. Like I said above, when a guy has a thread for posting this stuff he should stick it in that thread.

He can post links to reports, as I said above, they are worth the read. But prefacing it with comments like this are what crosses the line into bitter troll category.

(guy who thinks law will be a retirement)

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 am

Desert Fox wrote:

It is when you have assets pushing 7 figures and numbers to get full rides son. I can take on a second career like law with no sweat when I'd never have to work again in my life if I didn't want to. Nice to know you took the time to read my profile though :mrgreen:

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu May 02, 2013 12:23 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

It is when you have assets pushing 7 figures and numbers to get full rides son. I can take on a second career like law with no sweat when I'd never have to work again in my life if I didn't want to. Nice to know you took the time to read my profile though :mrgreen:

a million dollars really isnt that much today. sounds like you should keep doing something you know how to do

EDIT: Your other threads say you made 150k the last couple years. Gentleman's 50k bump?

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 am

stillwater wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

a million dollars really isnt that much today. sounds like you should keep doing something you know how to do

EDIT: Your other threads say you made 150k the last couple years. Gentleman's 50k bump?

The assets include income generating rental properties, so when done right, you can absolutely make it work. The 150k is my personal income I slap on the FAFSA (You must be referring to my recent financial aide question), of which I don't consider additional money made from various LLCs I manage. (The rental properties and a consulting firm).

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu May 02, 2013 12:32 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

The assets include income generating rental properties, so when done right, you can absolutely make it work. The 150k is my personal income I slap on the FAFSA (You must be referring to my recent financial aide question), of which I don't consider additional money made from various LLCs I manage. (The rental properties and a consulting firm).

i applaud your success. dunno why you want to get into law. the industry has a dark side and the OP is just providing information to that end. lots of people making terrible decisions.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 am

stillwater wrote:
i applaud your success. dunno why you want to get into law. the industry has a dark side and the OP is just providing information to that end. lots of people making terrible decisions.

Thanks brahs. And it wasn't meant to be a brag, but desert fox chimed in with a little bit of salt and hate, so I figured I'd take a stab at his ego. I 100% agree with you on the dark side of law. And like I said, I think the information OP provides is very insightful and should be read by all 0Ls. But it is the comments that accompany his information that make it sound bitter and thus make one question his motives. 0Ls should know that getting a job is a coin flip, but there is a difference between informing and trolling. Plenty of poasters here inform without the trolling, and those are the ones who should be applauded, as the information they provide is invaluable.

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:41 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Thanks brahs. And it wasn't meant to be a brag, but desert fox chimed in with a little bit of salt and hate, so I figured I'd take a stab at his ego. I 100% agree with you on the dark side of law. And like I said, I think the information OP provides is very insightful and should be read by all 0Ls. But it is the comments that accompany his information that make it sound bitter and thus make one question his motives. 0Ls should know that getting a job is a coin flip, but there is a difference between informing and trolling. Plenty of poasters here inform without the trolling, and those are the ones who should be applauded, as the information they provide is invaluable.

Why would you making money hit my ego. Especially you making 200K. Thats not all that much.

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 am

Desert Fox wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Why would you making money hit my ego. Especially you making 200K. Thats not all that much.

Because you thought you were being funny by mocking the content of my profile, when nobody asked you anything. You aren't high and mighty buddy, sorry to burst your snowflake bubble. You try to talk shit to people on a message board to compensate for your low self esteem (this isn't the first time you crossed me path, why so mad bro?)

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Because you thought you were being funny by mocking the content of my profile, when nobody asked you anything. You aren't high and mighty buddy, sorry to burst your snowflake bubble. You try to talk shit to people on a message board to compensate for your low self esteem (this isn't the first time you crossed me path, why so mad bro?)

I seem mad?

VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 am

Desert Fox wrote:
I seem mad?

Either mad or you just get on TLS at night when you are drunk, in which case I couldn't really call that mad :mrgreen:

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
I seem mad?

Either mad or you just get on TLS at night when you are drunk, in which case I couldn't really call that mad :mrgreen:

I wish, I'm working on finals studying.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 pm

http://www.isba.org/sites/default/files ... 3-8-13.pdf

I'm pretty sure all 46 of your posts are separate threads you've created, bro.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I'm pretty sure all 46 of your posts are separate threads you've created, bro.

Not entirely true. Sometimes he bumps the threads he's creating if he's not getting enough attention.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu May 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

In what universe is 200K not a lot of money?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Thu May 02, 2013 1:04 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:The assets include income generating rental properties, so when done right, you can absolutely make it work. The 150k is my personal income I slap on the FAFSA (You must be referring to my recent financial aide question), of which I don't consider additional money made from various LLCs I manage. (The rental properties and a consulting firm).

hey junior, can you not brag about your "assets" on the internet?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Its a shame that this thread was posted by this OP and that its quickly spiraled into shit. This is actually a really interesting report

Ruxin1

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
VegasLaw702 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

In what universe is 200K not a lot of money?

In OBAMA'S AMERICA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”