Help with sending LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OUgrad14

Help with sending LOR

Postby OUgrad14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm

I’m not sure what to do so I’m asking for suggestions. I’ll apply to law schools in August and take the October LSAT; I want to get a letter of recommendation from my current boss. He’s the manager and is a nice, educated man and I know he’ll put a good word on my behalf. I’ve been there a while and it’s a small company, so we all know each other fairly well. Problem is that my current job has nothing to do with want I want to eventually do. I’ll be a senior soon and think now is the time to get some legal experience, so if I find something, I might leave my current job, which could be before August. Can I ask my manager for a LOR copy which I can then send out in August? Or do LOR’s have to be sent to LSAC directly by the recommender? In that case, can I still have them send it directly even though I haven't applied to schools yet or taken the LSAT?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Clearly

Re: Help with sending LOR

Postby Clearly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 pm

They must be submitted by the recommender, but you can have it uploaded now and not use it yet.

North

Postby North » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:33 am

Have him write it and mail/upload it to LSAC now. It'll be in the system for you to decide to use when you go to submit your applications.

OUgrad14

Postby OUgrad14 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Thank you so much, Clearlynotstefan and North. I'll ask him to write me a LOR and send it to LSAC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”