Possible to get a deposit waiver?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Here's the skinny. I'm in at UVA, paid the first deposit, withdrew from all other schools and I am 100% committed to attending. I am also, however, broke as shit and I'm stressed out as to how I'm going to pay rent for the month of august before Financial Aid comes through. Try as I might, my sweet ass just has no value in this economy. Is it possible that UVA could potentially waive the second deposit for a guarantee of attending?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby IAFG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm

I wonder if they'd take a signed lease in C-ville as a substitute.

Lumieres
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby Lumieres » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 am

Never heard of such a thing.

Part-time job maybe? Or just sell some stuff on Craigslist. Maybe tutor someone on LSAT.

Get creative.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 am

Lumieres wrote:Never heard of such a thing.

Part-time job maybe? Or just sell some stuff on Craigslist. Maybe tutor someone on LSAT.

Get creative.

Damn, those are great ideas! Except I did all of that.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby IAFG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 am

There's only way to find out. Good luck, friend.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby North » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 am

They'd have to be pretty hard-nosed to not give you some way around it, especially if you've already withdrawn from everywhere else. Call and explain the situation.

Lumieres
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby Lumieres » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
Lumieres wrote:Never heard of such a thing.

Part-time job maybe? Or just sell some stuff on Craigslist. Maybe tutor someone on LSAT.

Get creative.

Damn, those are great ideas! Except I did all of that.


Don't you only need a few hundred dollars? Put it on a credit card then and pay it off before you start school.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby fallingup » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

You should definitely call and ask them. It's not something they should make you feel ashamed about.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Possible to get a deposit waiver?

Postby IAFG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am

Lumieres wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
Lumieres wrote:Never heard of such a thing.

Part-time job maybe? Or just sell some stuff on Craigslist. Maybe tutor someone on LSAT.

Get creative.

Damn, those are great ideas! Except I did all of that.


Don't you only need a few hundred dollars? Put it on a credit card then and pay it off before you start school.

Don't any of you have any money?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests