A LITTLE HELP PLEASE!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Young Marino

Re: A LITTLE HELP PLEASE!

Postby Young Marino » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Well I appreciate insight from all you guys, even those ripping me a new asshole. I'm going to take the test in June and worse case scenario I'll take it again in October and just study all summer for it.

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

In all fairness the LSAT requires picking a right answer. If somebody had really deep and on topic analysis about every choice, and then just sucked at making a decision they'd probably do pretty well in law school.

However, if you just can't identify necessary assumptions then yeah.....

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

OP, you are a dream candidate from a low tier law school's perspective. You lack the work ethic to boost your LSAT score, you refuse to think rationally and critically about the massive financial and professional investment you're making, and you have a special snowflake syndrome that tells you that you can beat the odds where everyone else can't. These are the qualities that result in flocks of starry eyed 1Ls running to horrible law schools every year, only to be churned out as 3Ls with no job and a mountain of non-dischargable student debt.

I hope that sometime between now and the time you go to law school, you'll mature and start thinking about this critically as a professional investment. People are dismissing you here because you exhibit an extreme level of naivete, even by TLS 0L standards. You need to do some research and make a mature, rational decision. Miami at sticker would be an objectively terrible decision, and the odds of you ever being a JAG officer are next to zero.

ETA:

ALeal90 wrote:Well I appreciate insight from all you guys, even those ripping me a new asshole. I'm going to take the test in June and worse case scenario I'll take it again in October and just study all summer for it.

Just saw this. Great decision. While you're here, go check out the LSAT forum and develop a study strategy going forward. Also, poke around and get a sense for the types of job prospects various law schools have. There's a reason we're pushing you hard to study more and go to a better school, and its because the job situation doesn't warrant dropping this kind of money on a Miami degree.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm

ALeal90 wrote:Well I appreciate insight from all you guys, even those ripping me a new asshole. I'm going to take the test in June and worse case scenario I'll take it again in October and just study all summer for it.

Fantastic choice. Definitely be a regular on the prep forum here, it helped me a ton. And take it seriously! I studied harder for the LSAT than any college course I'd ever taken (which probably explains the splitter status :) )

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Micdiddy wrote:

Fantastic choice. Definitely be a regular on the prep forum here, it helped me a ton. And take it seriously! I studied harder for the LSAT than any college course I'd ever taken (which probably explains the splitter status :) )

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:51 pm

this warmed my heart.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”