LSAC Fee Waiver - error

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chriz

LSAC Fee Waiver - error

Postby Chriz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm

I went through and entered the information on the fee-waiver screens and was conditionally approved because it never asked anything about whether I was a dependent, or about my parents or anything. Only after my account was put on hold, was I informed that I need to provide my parent's tax information if I am a dependent. I do not have my parents taxes available to me so I just sent in my taxes. I am not concerned about getting the waiver, even though I think I qualify. I am just wondering if this will result in them removing the hold and denying me or if I will continue to be on hold and they will want my parents tax information? Does anyone know?

wannabelawstudent

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver - error

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Your tax information will say if you're a dependent or not. If you're a dependent then you will probably need your parent's info, if not, then you wont.

FKASunny

Postby FKASunny » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:17 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Your tax information will say if you're a dependent or not. If you're a dependent then you will probably need your parent's info, if not, then you wont.

I think LSAC will consider you dependent if FAFSA still does (for example, if you're in undergrad and under the age of 24, they want your parents' info.) I'm not 100% on that, though.

Chriz

Postby Chriz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm out of undergrad but still a dependent. I just thought it was stupid they never asked whether I was or wasn't prior to getting to a screen where my account would be on hold.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”