TTTT Schools Profiled on Front Page of TLS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lawquacious

TTTT Schools Profiled on Front Page of TLS

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Lol... TLS has so sold out for money as far as I can tell. The profiles on TLS used to be.... well, actually of top schools. The whole first page when you click on this site now consists of profiles of TTT and TTTT schools (some of the worst out there). Even if not all of what is said about these schools in the profile links is good by any means (I haven't bothered to read), they shouldn't be getting profiled on TLS period IMO.
Last edited by Lawquacious on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: TTTT Schools Profiled on Front Page of TLS

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Lawquacious wrote:Lol... TLS has so sold out for money as far as I can tell. The profiles on TLS used to be.... well, actually of top schools. The whole first page when you click on this site now consists of profiles of shit TTT and TTTT schools (some of the worst out there). Even if not all of what is said about these schools in the profile links is good by any means (I haven't bothered to read), they shouldn't be getting profiled on TLS period IMO.

TLS has never been about top law schools. People used to troll for Tulane and shit like on here.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:Lol... TLS has so sold out for money as far as I can tell. The profiles on TLS used to be.... well, actually of top schools. The whole first page when you click on this site now consists of profiles of shit TTT and TTTT schools (some of the worst out there). Even if not all of what is said about these schools in the profile links is good by any means (I haven't bothered to read), they shouldn't be getting profiled on TLS period IMO.

TLS has never been about top law schools. People used to troll for Tulane and shit like on here.

Fair enough, but now it has gone from Tulane to Barry Law School. And I don't think Tulane was even ever profiled in the past...

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Who cares?

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm

TLS does need to seriously update its school profiles. Reading Fordham's, you'd think it was the best school after CLS HLS NYU and GULC for top law firms. They're essentially using the highly misleading data that law schools use to lure people into attending their schools for ridiculous price tags, and it's the same data that the users on the boards work to clear up .I remember reading over the school profiles before I got to the forums and it led me to believe that any school in the top 100 was a solid bet so long as I wanted to work in that region, and anything even close to the top guaranteed a great job.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Lawquacious wrote:(I haven't bothered to read)
Yeah, maybe you should read the updated ones. Shouldn't 0Ls get the facts on these schools from somewhere?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Lawquacious wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Fair enough, but now it has gone from Tulane to Barry Law School. And I don't think Tulane was even ever profiled in the past...

Early 2009 TLS people would ROUTINELY claim top 50% at Tulane got NYC big law.

Postby 062914123 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Postby North » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 am

The school profiles should be Wikis.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am

In all fairness, a lot of those TTT / TTTT schools were profiled in the past, and have simply been updated to emphasize that TTT and TTTT schools are bad choices in this economy. When a school profile profile gets updated, it goes to the top of the profiles list. You aren't going to see any of the 'top' schools on the updated profile list because, for the most part, what was true in 2008 is still generally true today.

But seriously, read a couple before you start ranting. They are pretty fairly written.

e.g.:

Thomas Jefferson:
"Simply put, the odds of a TJSL student's ever becoming a practicing or even a licensed lawyer are slim. With such abysmal statistics and a total debt-financed cost of more than a quarter of a million dollars, no one without a guaranteed postgraduate job and a full ride scholarship should even consider attending TJSL."
"TJSL's consistently low bar passage rate should tell you everything you need to know about the school's academics. Of particular note is that around 25% of entering TJSL students drop out before graduation."

Villanova:
"a Villanova J.D. gives you about a coin flip's chance of getting a job as a lawyer."
"In this historically depressed legal market, it would be foolish to evaluate an investment of three years and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars based on anything other than job prospects and overall costs. A third-tier law school is no longer the easy ticket to a well-paying job that it once was."

UDC:
"Competition for legal jobs in Washington is fierce even at the nation's top schools. Unless you already have a guaranteed job after law school, it may be an unwise invesment to spend any amount of money on a UDC J.D.—let alone $150,000 or $180,000—as its employment numbers are atrocious and its bar passage statistics are unavailable."

Granted, some of the TTT and TTTT profiles don't seem like they have been updated yet (e.g. Barry Law) and come across as overly optimistic.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Early 2009 TLS people would ROUTINELY claim top 50% at Tulane got NYC big law.

Totally true. I would routinely get slammed back then as a "troll" or a "flame" or a disgruntled-basement-living-4th-tier-graduate-loser for arguing in opposition to posts about the great opportunities ahead of TT and TTT students.. Oh the good ole days..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”