HELP with sending LOCIs to Columbia, HLS, and Cornell

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
infalliblyyours

HELP with sending LOCIs to Columbia, HLS, and Cornell

Postby infalliblyyours » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

(I wasn't sure where to post this)

I was placed on Reserve at Columbia (which I know 99.8% won't get me anywhere, but I'm feeling masochistic and riding this thing out anyway, so why not?) and I was wondering if anyone knew where to send a LOCI by snail mail to the school. Is it just the Admissions office, addressed to the Dean they mentioned in the Reserve email?

I haven't heard back from Cornell yet or Harvard, and I know it's a risk to send a LOCI to a school you've heard nothing from and for the most part, it doesn't help anyway, but I thought I'd take a chance. Would it be better to email Admissions a LOCI or send one (again, addressed to Admissions) via snail mail? Is there somewhere else I'm meant to send one instead?

Any help, especially from personal experience, would be welcome. Thanks!

TripTrip

Re: HELP with sending LOCIs to Columbia, HLS, and Cornell

Postby TripTrip » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 am

infalliblyyours wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew where to send a LOCI by snail mail to the school. Is it just the Admissions office, addressed to the Dean they mentioned in the Reserve email?

Yes.

infalliblyyours wrote:I haven't heard back from Cornell yet or Harvard, and I know it's a risk to send a LOCI to a school you've heard nothing from and for the most part, it doesn't help anyway, but I thought I'd take a chance. Would it be better to email Admissions a LOCI or send one (again, addressed to Admissions) via snail mail? Is there somewhere else I'm meant to send one instead?

Do you actually have something interesting to update them with? If it's just "I'm still interested in your school," don't send it to Harvard. If you're over Cornell's medians it could be useful.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:04 pm

http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/jd/apply/upload

This is the page to update Columbia. They have an online submission form for LOCI. Use this instead of emailing them to ensure accuracy and speed.

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Tekrul wrote:http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/jd/apply/upload

This is the page to update Columbia. They have an online submission form for LOCI. Use this instead of emailing them to ensure accuracy and speed.

FWIW if you check out the Columbia thread you'll see people who used this page never got confirmation their LOCIs were received, whereas those who emailed did. Just an fyi.

Re: Harvard, Trip is right. It's Harvard - they know you're still interested. Only send something if you have any (major) new updates to your application, such as a new job or award.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”