Panic! Help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
johnnybruin

Panic! Help

Postby johnnybruin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Sorry to be posting too close to my previous post, but I'm in a bit of a time-sensitive pickle.

I have this class that I'd like to drop by end of this week (which means, no notation on transcript), but am afraid it's gonna cost my chances at law schools. I'm a senior and don't need this class--was taking in hopes to boost my GPA, but it's a lot harder than I expected--and dropping it will render me a part-time status.

How will this be received? I'll be spending more time devoted to my club, of which I'm in the leadership team, and studying for the lsats.

TL;DR Drop an unnecessary class, or keep it to maintain full-time student status?

PS I'm not getting any financial aid so being a part-time student won't affect me in that sense.

Thanks!

phillywc

Re: Panic! Help

Postby phillywc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:15 pm

It might be too late to drop the class in a way that won't hurt your LSAC gpa.. I know the deadline for my school passed.

johnnybruin

Postby johnnybruin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:18 pm

I don't think it'll hurt my LSAC GPA in any way. My deadline for dropping without any transcript notation hasn't passed yet. What I'm worried about is the fact that I'll be taking only two classes my last quarter and if that will negatively affect my chances.

untar614

Postby untar614 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm

johnnybruin wrote:I don't think it'll hurt my LSAC GPA in any way. My deadline for dropping without any transcript notation hasn't passed yet. What I'm worried about is the fact that I'll be taking only two classes my last quarter and if that will negatively affect my chances.

if it'll hurt ur gpa, drop it. Being part time ur last semester isnt a big deal. no one will care.

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Chill..........just go to Cooley.

If they say no, go to Taft. :roll:

CyanIdes Of March

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:04 pm

In all of my research I've never seen or heard of anyone being negatively affected by being a part time student during their last semester. Or at any point. In any case, if it hurts your GPA then it's definitely not going to hurt more than the lower GPA would, so drop it.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:29 pm

johnnybruin wrote:studying for the lsats.

:?:

johnnybruin

Postby johnnybruin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:In all of my research I've never seen or heard of anyone being negatively affected by being a part time student during their last semester...

Thanks. I think this was the answer I was looking for. I was just afraid that by taking less than full-time status courses, I'd be looked down as a "slacker." But if GPA indeed is the greater factor, then it makes sense for me to protect my GPA than risk it for the sake of fulfilling a full-time status.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

mephistopheles wrote:

:lol: I love that one :lol:

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:

:lol: I love that one :lol:

you can find study guides on the interwebs. :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”