How much $ to expect from NY law schools 165 LSAT/3.65 GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Which to choose?

Fordham=20k off per year
50%
Cardozo=30k off per year
11%
Brooklyn=40k off per year
17%
St. Johns=Free
11%
Hofstra= Stipend
11%

Total votes: 18

Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: How much $ to expect from NY law schools 165 LSAT/3.65 GPA?

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm

retake

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 am

Oh man, OP's TLS box is a gold mine:
I have wanted to be a attorney since the 10nth grade. Though I am lazy and have decided to float around in college for a little while I usually get a decent 160-165 on practice LSAT's though. But to be honest I would rather hang with my boys and play ball for 4 hours a day instead of being a lawyer. So im just going to keep ballin until my knees complete their deterioration and I have a reason to sit in an office all day. Of course this may sound stupid to you but I am one of those people who knows how to make money online without much work except I make like 3K a month and I need to check my phone a lot. I plan on starting law school at 22 after my 6 years of undergrad (I spent 2 years in CC then transferred to a four year).

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am

TripTrip wrote:Oh man, OP's TLS box is a gold mine:
I have wanted to be a attorney since the 10nth grade. Though I am lazy and have decided to float around in college for a little while I usually get a decent 160-165 on practice LSAT's though. But to be honest I would rather hang with my boys and play ball for 4 hours a day instead of being a lawyer. So im just going to keep ballin until my knees complete their deterioration and I have a reason to sit in an office all day. Of course this may sound stupid to you but I am one of those people who knows how to make money online without much work except I make like 3K a month and I need to check my phone a lot. I plan on starting law school at 22 after my 6 years of undergrad (I spent 2 years in CC then transferred to a four year).

sounds like a fake account

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 am

I have wanted to be a attorney since the 10nth grade
LMAO

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 am

Kinda reminds me of this guy: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MikeSavona

NDJ

New

Post by NDJ » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 am

alright the votes are in, looks like fordham at 20k off per year won..so i guess that means....umm....?
sublime12089 wrote:
Major(s): Philosoph, Political Science and Media studies.
Minor(s): Business and Economics
Undergrad Institution: T500
Residency: CA
Underrepresented Minority?: Yes
Application Year: 2013-2014
General Information: im a [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING]

I am going with fake account. Also a triple major, double minor? Even if you have 6 years, what is the point?
yeah i thought so for sure, but i took a look at some of his posts, im pretty sure he's for real.. i cant believe this thread made it onto the second page

TheBiggerMediocre

Bronze

Post by TheBiggerMediocre » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

First off thanks for all the replies, if you think I am lying then why bother posting?
I took the February LSAT and I might take the June. I am planning on going to LS after I graduate next semester. But first I am going to work at a firm next spring to secure a job.
cahwc12 wrote:
TheBiggerMediocre wrote: Oh i did do my homework I just don't know how to figure out the predicted cost. I just did based on where I was in the percentiles.
60% = 35% off
70% = 55% off
75% = 85% off
90% = Free
98% = Stipend
If you can't figure out how much money you'll be spending on your law school education, you shouldn't get a law school education.
I know how much its going to cost 23k per year plus the costs above.
SteelPenguin wrote:You're overestimating Fordham's scholarship. 165/3.8 got me 15k/yr, and it appears that the only person on lsn to get more than 15k/yr with a 165 had a 4.x GPA. Your numbers indicate closer to 10k/yr.
Ok, thanks good to know.
CyanIdes Of March wrote:If you actually get those exact offers, and this poll suddenly becomes useful in any way, I'll pay your tuition for a year.
I will take you up on that. Minority apps are dropping and I am a URM.
Micdiddy wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:If you actually get those exact offers, and this poll suddenly becomes useful in any way, I'll pay your tuition for a year.
OP can you factor this into cost estimates please?
:|
ManoftheHour wrote:
I have wanted to be a attorney since the 10nth grade
LMAO
Thats why I got my GED the next year and enrolled in CC.
sublime12089 wrote:
General Information: im a [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING]

I am going with fake account. Also a triple major, double minor? Even if you have 6 years, what is the point?
I was getting my GPA and aptitude up and finishing my time with sports and partying.
NDJ wrote:alright the votes are in, looks like fordham at 20k off per year won..so i guess that means....umm....?
sublime12089 wrote:

yeah i thought so for sure, but i took a look at some of his posts, im pretty sure he's for real.. i cant believe this thread made it onto the second page
Thankyou.
WahooLaw24 wrote:Get a few actual offers and come back. There is literally zero value is debating a bunch of offers you don't have.
I would like to know what I am getting myself into before I start focusing on this goal.
NoodleyOne wrote:Don't go to law school. There are enough neurotic, annoying law students as is.
Yes but I am well rounded and worldly.
TripTrip wrote:
TheBiggerMediocre wrote:Oh i did do my homework I just don't know how to figure out the predicted cost. I just did based on where I was in the percentiles.
60% = 35% off
70% = 55% off
75% = 85% off
90% = Free
98% = Stipend
Ha! I love it.

Guys, I should be getting a stipend at Harvard. Can we get on that please?
Of course you should if you are in those percentiles for the school. :roll:

But I do understand if I was a little off in my calculation let me try again (For a non-urm.)
60% = 20% off
70% = 55% off
80% = 70% off
95% = Free
98% = Stipend

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 pm

OP, you've had your fun. Just give it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:26 pm

TripTrip wrote:OP, you've had your fun. Just give it up.

b123

Bronze

Post by b123 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:39 pm

[HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”