Law school no response?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ghostowl

Law school no response?

Postby ghostowl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:51 pm

So I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and I was wondering what was up? Does it usually take them this long to reject / waitlist / accept an applicant? Some of these schools are beyond my scores, but if that was the case, they could just issue me a rejection letter and be done with it. Or do some law schools completely ignore an applicant because they're too busy dealing with applicants with better scores?

NoodleyOne

Re: Law school no response?

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm

ghostowl wrote:So I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and I was wondering what was up? Does it usually take them this long to reject / waitlist / accept an applicant? Some of these schools are beyond my scores, but if that was the case, they could just issue me a rejection letter and be done with it. Or do some law schools completely ignore an applicant because they're too busy dealing with applicants with better scores?

Are you a splitter or URM? Splitter and URM cycles are notoriously long.

b123

Postby b123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm still waiting for one school since mid-late november, so yeah. Hang in there.

Emanderson

Postby Emanderson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
ghostowl wrote:So I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and I was wondering what was up? Does it usually take them this long to reject / waitlist / accept an applicant? Some of these schools are beyond my scores, but if that was the case, they could just issue me a rejection letter and be done with it. Or do some law schools completely ignore an applicant because they're too busy dealing with applicants with better scores?

Are you a splitter or URM? Splitter and URM cycles are notoriously long.

I would assume this is because they are waiting to see the results of other applicants, correct? I am playing the same waiting game, but I am hopefully because I would think a rejection would be quick and easy. Is anyone aware of interviews with admissions to the contrary?

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 am

When did you apply?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”