The real reason why there aren't enough jobs to go around Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Re: The real reason why there aren't enough jobs to go around

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 am

Needajob1 wrote:
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:What if you really wanted to go to the moon, but you took out a loan before 2007 and don't qualify for PAYE and you are about to launch in the Challenger?
Space program pays pretty well and they have a loan repayment program that helps cover 65,000 in debt! You still get paid while your in space plus you don't need to pay rent :lol:
That's good news indeed! I guess just don't blow up your shuttle if you have a loan cosigner on earth.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 am

somewhatwayward wrote:
Anyway my guess is you have just started taking practice LSAT tests and all of a sudden your T14 aspirations are looking like pipe dreams.

OP, if the above is true, you don't need to be so vexed. Here is what you need:

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-LSAT/e/B0053HGVRQ

Study and take the LSAT in October.

Also, when you need a break listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlFqgRbICY

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 am

North wrote:I wonder what frat OP is in
Delta Iota Kappa

patentlybored

New

Post by patentlybored » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 am

How did such an awful, obvious, unimaginitive troll create a thread that lasts for 4 pages? I gave tls more credit than it deserves

arkgawilson

Bronze

Post by arkgawilson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:35 am

walkingpanda wrote:
Ben Franklin wrote:Blaming the schools isn't the way to go. You can't blame them for seeing a chance to cash in. It's a pretty lucrative racket. It still begins with Johnny DragonballZ applying to law school because he has been a brain child all his life but can't figure out what to do. Johnny DragonballZ applies, gets accetped because of his grades and LSAT, but probably wouldn't get a job even if there wasn't a shortage. Johnny DragonballZ lacks the social acumen to be a successful lawyer anyways, hands in his pockets all the time, gets nervous talking to more than 2 people at once, and would hate working biglaw hours because it would interfere with his Warcraft time

I choose to blame Johnny DragonballZ, the schools, and Elle Woods.
+1 for Elle Woods.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arkgawilson

Bronze

Post by arkgawilson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 am

somewhatwayward wrote:OP, how do you know that you are such a great fit for law school?

Regardless of what you think of the LSAT, it has a significant role in determining people's futures' as lawyers. Most desirable employers disproportionately hire graduates of top schools who pretty much all have high LSAT scores. Apparently all these desirable employers aren't terribly concerned about whether the graduates of top schools are TLS basement dwellers. Also, always love to see the false dichotomy between intellectual intelligence and emotional/social intelligence...it may be shocking but a lot of people are actually smart and have social skills (although defining social skills as whether you go out at night makes me think you must be like a sophomore in college).

Anyway my guess is you have just started taking practice LSAT tests and all of a sudden your T14 aspirations are looking like pipe dreams. Solution: bash people with high LSAT scores....ahhhhhhh, projection.

I just fell in love a little bit..someone used projection correctly. Let't not leave off the oldies but goodies like narcissistic rage.

Ben Franklin

New

Post by Ben Franklin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 am

somewhatwayward wrote:
Anyway my guess is you have just started taking practice LSAT tests and all of a sudden your T14 aspirations are looking like pipe dreams. Solution: bash people with high LSAT scores....ahhhhhhh, projection.
Unfortunately my PT average is only a 168. I think with 60 more days I can get that to my target of 173-175. Nice try though.

Ben Franklin

New

Post by Ben Franklin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 am

patentlybored wrote:How did such an awful, obvious, unimaginitive troll create a thread that lasts for 4 pages? I gave tls more credit than it deserves
Because people will keep it going when certain comments strike a nerve.

Ben Franklin

New

Post by Ben Franklin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 am

somewhatwayward wrote:OP, how do you know that you are such a great fit for law school?

....although defining social skills as whether you go out at night makes me think you must be like a sophomore in college...
Never once mentioned the time of day one must go out, just simply going out in general. I tend to believe if someone has 10,000+ posts on a forum, they might not get out that much. Nice job paying attention.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 am

prezidentv8 wrote:Image

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:09 am

Ben Franklin wrote:

....although defining social skills as whether you go out at night makes me think you must be like a sophomore in college...
Never once mentioned the time of day one must go out, just simply going out in general. I tend to believe if someone has 10,000+ posts on a forum, they might not get out that much. Nice job paying attention.
You post more per day than me...

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 am

Ben Franklin wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
Unfortunately my PT average is only a 168. I think with 60 more days I can get that to my target of 173-175. Nice try though.
LOL @ OP thinking that PT average accurate predicts actual performance

qwertyboard

Bronze

Post by qwertyboard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

...but seriously, It's not a coincidence that the majority of law students have impractical majors...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

Ben Franklin wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
I don't know your GPA but 168 is barely compatible with T14...Cornell, I guess, maybe GT or Michigan. But I was mostly joking. You didn't answer my serious question about how you know that you are law school material, though.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 am

somewhatwayward wrote:
Ben Franklin wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
I don't know your GPA but 168 is barely compatible with T14...Cornell, I guess, maybe GT or Michigan. But I was mostly joking. You didn't answer my serious question about how you know that you are law school material, though.
That's his move. Just pick up on one tangential statement and ignore the legit criticism that he's an ass.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 am

Fuck me. Why didn't someone warn me that having lots of message board posts doesn't make me cool?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

Ben Franklin wrote:Some of you belong in law school, some of you don't. But nothing pisses me off more than seeing a pretentious little punk telling someone to simply not go somewhere, when they themselves don't belong in law school, and are only there because of their numbers. The post was never directed at any one individual, but as the old adage goes: if the shoe fits.....
Aren't you being a pretentious little punk telling a whole bunch of people they shouldn't be going somewhere? How are you not describing yourself here? And as a 0L at that.

I will say however, I'm glad someone else has taken the torch of posting unnecessarily-long screeds on here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

"False sense of self perception"- the latest addition to the Corky Thatcher lexicon

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 pm

cusenation wrote:
Ben Franklin wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
LOL @ OP thinking that PT average accurate predicts actual performance
Haha seriously. Here's to hoping OP bombs the LSAT.

Gunnar Stahl

Silver

Post by Gunnar Stahl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

paratactical wrote:Fuck me. Why didn't someone warn me that having lots of message board posts doesn't make me cool?
Despite your post count I still think you're cool. And op is either retarded or a really really good troll.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 pm

wat happened to OP?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:wat happened to OP?
He's mad, bro.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 am

Networking > LSAT/GPA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regulus wrote: they ensure that only those who have superb networking skills - and not just anyone with an elite GPA / LSAT - make it out into the legal market..

ReformedCat

New

Post by ReformedCat » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Regulus wrote:OP, I just wanted to thank you for trying to put an end to the blatant and unnecessary online bullying that goes on here at TLS every day. I have been deeply impressed with your abilities to hold a meaningful conversation with others on this board despite the unwarranted vitriol they have directed at you, and believe that this is a testament of your transcendent social acumen. As a token of my gratitude, I would like to provide you with a very special pamphlet about a very special law school where only the brightest and most sociable students go. The law school introduced in this pamphlet will allow you to utilize your social abilities and book smarts as you study alongside over 1,000 classmates in one of the nation's largest legal research facilities. One of the most unique aspects of this institution is the fact that they intentionally limit the number of graduates that can become full-time lawyers to 30% of their graduating class; this way, they ensure that only those who have superb networking skills - and not just anyone with an elite GPA / LSAT - make it out into the legal market. This type of educational system is exactly what the legal market needs right now, and I am sure that you will excel as a graduate of this prestigious institution. Schools like Harvard and Yale, which are centuries old, are using antiquated teaching methods, so it is only a matter of time before they become forgotten relics of the past as the innovative methodologies of 1972 revolutionize legal academia as we know it.
This post made my day. Thank you. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”