Are my softs sufficient?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Are my softs sufficient?

Postby Irundistance » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 pm

WhatOurBodiesAreFor wrote:OP, you're good.

Also, don't look at it like: "Did I enter enough clubs? am I in at enough honors societies?" Wrong way to look it. (I'm saying you are looking at it like this, by the way - just saying). Softs matter slightly more than TLS suggests, though they still don't matter a whole lot. If you are in a bunch of clubs/honors societies that really only says one thing about you.

Just be dynamic, be yourself. Just do your thing - everything else will fall into place.

I'm performing better than my numbers would predict, and I have crazy good scholarship offers at schools I've been accepted to. I made good grades in UG but did not participate in virtually any academic ECs. I've basically just followed my interests and worked hard at everything I've done. My resume isn't incredible but I'm performing as good as anyone who isn't URM, Rhodes, Military, Olympic medalist, (insert crazy soft).

Don't sweat it, just do your thing. But most importantly, as others have said, but that LSAT in a pipe and smoke it.

Your right, I was looking at it from the standpoint of am I involved in enough activities. That's great! Yes, the LSAT will be the key

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”