Are any of these schools worth going to? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: Are any of these schools worth going to?

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm

keval81 wrote:
I'd say Davis and Irvine are worth it

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Sat May 04, 2013 1:10 am

keval81 wrote:Davis undergrad alum here. UC Davis Law is a great school, especially with respect to job placement. You can land a job in the Capitol easily and the Silicon Valley is right next door (if public interest/policy isn't an attractive option for you)

As for Irvine, Dean Chemerinsky is a legal beast who's really helping Irvine rapidly climb in prestige.

I'd say Davis and Irvine are worth it, but not Hastings (although it's in beautiful SF).
Hastings is in the worst part of SF. I work in SF and my company recently got, I shit you not, a Hastings grad's application for a $20 an hour secretary position. NOT WORTH IT!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 am

californiauser wrote:
Hastings is in the worst part of SF. I work in SF and my company recently got, I shit you not, a Hastings grad's application for a $20 an hour secretary position. NOT WORTH IT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sat May 04, 2013 1:23 am

keval81 wrote:Davis undergrad alum here. UC Davis Law is a great school, especially with respect to job placement. You can land a job in the Capitol easily and the Silicon Valley is right next door (if public interest/policy isn't an attractive option for you)

As for Irvine, Dean Chemerinsky is a legal beast who's really helping Irvine rapidly climb in prestige.

I'd say Davis and Irvine are worth it, but not Hastings (although it's in beautiful SF).
LOL

IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Sat May 04, 2013 6:28 am

Does your old man actually know how much law school costs these days or is he a typical shitboomer retard who thinks this will set him back like $10k a year tops?

If he actually knows and is cool with it, make him put his money where his mouth is and get some sort of trust or education account set up where he can't claw it back.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”