-

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
questionsandanswers

-

Postby questionsandanswers » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 am

-
Last edited by questionsandanswers on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripTrip

Re: Am I an international applicant? Is this good or bad?

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

questionsandanswers wrote:And this is all guesswork as I do not have my transcript nor my LSAT scores out yet, but would a "superior" GPA and an LSAT of 175+ (I hope to improve more by June, but currently averaging around 175) give me decent chances at HYS?

Sure could. Get that LSAT way up there and write an interesting PS.

questionsandanswers

Postby questionsandanswers » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:39 pm

-
Last edited by questionsandanswers on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:02 pm

You will not be an international applicant as far as it goes on their application form and for financial aid, but your GPA will be calculated like you are an international applicant.

Pretty sweet deal, actually.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 am

questionsandanswers wrote:My guess is that I will be considered as an international applicant but will be eligible for FA. Would that be correct?

Yup.

Although, you're in a slightly better situation than the average international, since you're eligible for financial aid AND presumably have a good reason for wanting to live in the US.

Almost everything will depend on your LSAT score, and I couldn't tell you how many people I've come across on TLS who "average 175+" and then get nothing close when the real LSAT comes around. So don't get complacent, and make sure you're practicing under proper test conditions.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:47 am

Another bad thing about having an international GPA is that there is less reason for schools to give you full rides even if your LSAT is high - simply because your GPA won't count towards their medians so you're only 'worth' half as much as someone with high LSAT and good GPA (obviously I'm not talking about HYS since they don't give out merit aid)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”