(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
toothbrush

Re: Help -- Omitting a transcript from a withdrawn PHD program

Postby toothbrush » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:02 pm

WaltWhite wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
(Just saying there's plenty of reason for scorn without resorting to attacks on the grammar. :wink: )

Attacks on grammar? What about the attack my eyes, mind, and education just sustained from reading that garbage?
A lawyer must write and speak rather decently to be successful. You can't go shitting all over yourself with your poor grammar and expect to do relatively well.

Unless of course, OP would like to write all legal briefs in crayon, backwards.

wow I thought you were just joining in on the collegial TLS shit fest on OP but you're just a pretentious shit aren't you.

WaltWhite

Postby WaltWhite » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

toothbrush wrote:
WaltWhite wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
(Just saying there's plenty of reason for scorn without resorting to attacks on the grammar. :wink: )

Attacks on grammar? What about the attack my eyes, mind, and education just sustained from reading that garbage?
A lawyer must write and speak rather decently to be successful. You can't go shitting all over yourself with your poor grammar and expect to do relatively well.

wow I thought you were just joining in on the collegial TLS shit fest on OP but you're just a pretentious shit aren't you.

Yep.

Sidebar: Mom, is that you?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm

WaltWhite wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:

You realize non-native speakers can actually improve their English, right?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
WaltWhite wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:

You realize non-native speakers can actually improve their English, right?

and that assholes can't improve their social skills :roll:

twenty

Postby twenty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 pm

What really frustrates me is that there's another unfinished PhD on this board, (banjo), who had amazing stats, but had to disclose his unfinished PhD because it was the right thing to do. He got grilled on his first Harvard interview and then rejected, followed by rejections from schools that should have been climbing over each other to give him full rides. And here you are -- now that the school's accepted you, they're hardly going to take away your acceptance. So I guess it worked out well for you.

On top of that, you don't even care if it's right or not, you just don't want to get caught by the C&F later.

I really, really don't like this.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:What really frustrates me is that there's another unfinished PhD on this board, (banjo), who had amazing stats, but had to disclose his unfinished PhD because it was the right thing to do. He got grilled on his first Harvard interview and then rejected, followed by rejections from schools that should have been climbing over each other to give him full rides. And here you are -- now that the school's accepted you, they're hardly going to take away your acceptance. So I guess it worked out well for you.

On top of that, you don't even care if it's right or not, you just don't want to get caught by the C&F later.

I really, really don't like this.

Hearing this really makes me mad, not just at the OP, but at the whole system. If banjo had great stats it's clear he is intelligent and able to do the work. Perhaps he just realized a PhD wasn't right for him and didn't see the point in wasting the time/money to get a degree that wouldn't help him meet his goals. If anything that strikes me as more responsible than wasting his time and money on something he doesn't need. He shouldn't be punished for that and I hope things have worked out well for him. I know there's nothing we can do about the way the system is, but sometimes it sucks.

banjo

Postby banjo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 am

^Thanks for the kind words guys! Ultimately things did work out okay for me. I missed out on H, as twentypercentmore pointed out, but ended up getting into all of CCN with money at CN and hopefully also at C (we'll find out next week). So despite OP's stupidity, things might not turn out terribly for him if he discloses immediately. Just disclose and see what happens.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:33 am

banjo wrote:^Thanks for the kind words guys! Ultimately things did work out okay for me. I missed out on H, as twentypercentmore pointed out, but ended up getting into all of CCN with money at CN and hopefully also at C (we'll find out next week). So despite OP's stupidity, things might not turn out terribly for him if he discloses immediately. Just disclose and see what happens.

I love the avatar! That was a great game back in the day. I keep hoping for a remake/sequel.

leo2013

Postby leo2013 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:42 am

banjo wrote:^Thanks for the kind words guys! Ultimately things did work out okay for me. I missed out on H, as twentypercentmore pointed out, but ended up getting into all of CCN with money at CN and hopefully also at C (we'll find out next week). So despite OP's stupidity, things might not turn out terribly for him if he discloses immediately. Just disclose and see what happens.

Thank you , banjo.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”