Straight A student accepted to law school. Senior year

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itachiuchiha

Straight A student accepted to law school. Senior year

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:53 pm

What would occur in the situation where a straight A (from freshmen to junior year) student got into a good law school and then they stopped trying senior year and got a few B's? Can law schools revoke acceptances due to this upon looking at final transcripts?

I tried to look for this question in the search, couldn't find it.

Dany

Re: Straight A student accepted to law school. Senior year

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm

No one would care.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm

They can. Unless you royally screw up, they won't.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 pm

if that is indeed the case, then it is beneficial to save the toughest classes required in your major for senior year. This way, law schools won't really care about the grades in the class if you happen to screw it up.

star fox

Postby star fox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 am

itachiuchiha wrote:if that is indeed the case, then it is beneficial to save the toughest classes required in your major for senior year. This way, law schools won't really care about the grades in the class if you happen to screw it up.

Sure, but if you're planning to slack in the same year you're taking your hardest classes be careful.

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:02 am

Do law schools have to report your final transcript GPA (or can they report the score they received when they admitted you)?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 am

Nobody will revoke, but why fuck up a perfect record. Keep your work ethic, you'll need it.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:54 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:They can. Unless you royally screw up, they won't.

TITCR

Ave

Postby Ave » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 am

Desert Fox wrote:Nobody will revoke, but why fuck up a perfect record. Keep your work ethic, you'll need it.

This.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 am

itachiuchiha wrote:What would occur in the situation where a straight A (from freshmen to junior year) student got into a good law school and then they stopped trying senior year and got a few B's? Can law schools revoke acceptances due to this upon looking at final transcripts?

I was about to post to say this raises a few red flags, but then I read your username. You don't have a 4.0 or straight A's, so why bother asking this stupid question?

Every thread you make is either pointless or has a simple, obvious answer, and while there was possibly an excuse for the first 20 or so threads you made in the first week you were here, you've been here a few months now and are an active poster--so there is really no excuse for your continued ignorance.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 am

jeez, just a hypothetical. calm yourself :D
it's a forum and I can post whatever the hell I want as long as its related to law school

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 am

cahwc12 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:What would occur in the situation where a straight A (from freshmen to junior year) student got into a good law school and then they stopped trying senior year and got a few B's? Can law schools revoke acceptances due to this upon looking at final transcripts?

I was about to post to say this raises a few red flags, but then I read your username. You don't have a 4.0 or straight A's, so why bother asking this stupid question?

Every thread you make is either pointless or has a simple, obvious answer, and while there was possibly an excuse for the first 20 or so threads you made in the first week you were here, you've been here a few months now and are an active poster--so there is really no excuse for your continued ignorance.

OP is that super annoying kid in the back of class who shoots nonstop hypotheticals at the professor that are neither insightful nor interesting

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

francesfarmer wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

OP is that super annoying kid in the back of class who shoots nonstop hypotheticals at the professor that are neither insightful nor interesting

and you are the obnoxious b*** who slaps people who ask her to copy her homework and covers her paper when people try to cheat off of her

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 am

itachiuchiha wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

and you are the obnoxious b*** who slaps people who ask her to copy her homework and covers her paper when people try to cheat off of her

Cool retort bro

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:and you are the obnoxious b*** who slaps people who ask her to copy her homework and covers her paper when people try to cheat off of her

Even for TLS, the social ineptitude here is spine-tingling.

On topic, and yes this is getting ahead of yourself, some judicial clerkships require you to submit undergrad grades. Why sell yourself short? There's plenty of fun to be had in college without totally blowing off your classes.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 pm

cahwc12 wrote:

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

Wait, so you're saying it's acceptable to let other people copy your work? You do realize that this constitutes a violation of the honor code at most schools, right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”