Apply & defer or just wait

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
howlery

Apply & defer or just wait

Postby howlery » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Considering that medians have begun to decline within the T14, would it be better to apply now with no WE and defer or just wait a year or two first? I'd like to capitalize on the trend, especially since I have the opportunity to be slightly above a couple of GPA medians within CCN, before applications/numbers start to go back up.

I've also just started to read through the bibles and am planning on taking in June (maybe) or October, so no idea what my score is going to look like just yet.

TripTrip

Re: Apply & defer or just wait

Postby TripTrip » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:16 pm

howlery wrote:Considering that medians have begun to decline within the T14, would it be better to apply now with no WE and defer or just wait a year or two first? I'd like to capitalize on the trend, especially since I have the opportunity to be slightly above a couple of GPA medians within CCN, before applications/numbers start to go back up.

I've also just started to read through the bibles and am planning on taking in June (maybe) or October, so no idea what my score is going to look like just yet.

What do you mean by "apply now"? You can't apply this cycle if you don't already have an LSAT (even if you could you wouldn't want to).

Just kill the LSAT and apply early next fall.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am

:?: :?: :?: This makes no sense :?: :?: :?:

howlery

Postby howlery » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:24 am

Er, I guess I phrased it wrong. I meant apply as soon as possible (the next cycle) or in a year or two rather than having to differ ("now" rather than later, poor choice of words).

But I guess I'll have to see what my score is like before anything. Thank though

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 am

howlery wrote: I meant apply as soon as possible (the next cycle) or in a year or two rather than having to differ ("now" rather than later, poor choice of words).

"Defer" means to be accepted for one year and delay classes until the year after. You have to have an LSAT and already be accepted in order to defer. NU is notorious for admitting students on a deferment plan to gain WE.

It really depends on your personal goals though.

A.Taarabt7

Postby A.Taarabt7 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm

are most people at law school fresh out of UG? I am contemplating going with this cycle or reapply next cycle with a significantly higher LSAT. I have a little work exp but nothing significant. I come from an Accounting background. If I reapply next cycle I will be 24 when entering Law school in 2014. Is that old? or bad to be entering at old age?

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:are most people at law school fresh out of UG? I am contemplating going with this cycle or reapply next cycle with a significantly higher LSAT. I have a little work exp but nothing significant. I come from an Accounting background. If I reapply next cycle I will be 24 when entering Law school in 2014. Is that old? or bad to be entering at old age?

Most law students are at least a year out. I think 24 is the average age of entering students.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”