Application fee waivers not coming through - experiences?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KFV

Application fee waivers not coming through - experiences?

Postby KFV » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

After my LSAT score was released I got a bunch of emails telling me I had fee waivers. I ended up applying to three of the schools that offered me waivers; one went fine, but two didn't go through. I responded to the initial emails explaining what happened, and asking if I could receive the waiver retroactively... obviously I've got to wait until Monday for responses, but I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before and what ultimately happened?

eav1277

Re: Application fee waivers not coming through - experiences?

Postby eav1277 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 am

Most wont return app fees. Some emails state when you check out that you won't have to pay anything. Others give you a code to enter. Are you sure there weren't codes in the ones that didnt automatically show a waiver when you tried to check out. I had a combo of automatic waivers and codes. Good luck but I think most will tell you Sorry but that they can't refund app fees. Hopefully I'm wrong Good luck

KFV

Postby KFV » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 am

Hey. Yeah, both of them said it would be automatically applied. I'm worried it might be because their application deadlines were March 1 and, although I did apply on March 1, it was at about 11:50 PM EST :| Seems kind of unfair if I don't get the waiver, but I guess I don't have any recourse really. Thanks for the response!

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 am

It does seem kind of unfair, but the reality is that they have the fee waivers to encourage you to apply when you might have been on the fence about it. Hence, if you've already applied, they're not worried about that anymore and don't have much reason to refund your application fee.

Emailing to ask is probably worth it, but don't hold your breath.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”